IGNORED

For sale - 1972 Datsun 240z -$23,900 or best offer

718Miata

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Seems that people are bashing the BAT site because they don't like some comments that they saw.  Doesn't make sense.  If the seller gets his asking price, with low fees, who gives a ____ about the comments?

During the recent auction for a blue Series 1 resulting in the reserve was not being met, I saw posts that were personal attacks and not germane to the subject.  The auction thread was peppered with entries marked as, comment not constructive.  It appears there is a common group of fanatical Z silverbacks on BaT with the predisposition to throw poo at each other when a mint example goes on the block ?

Unprofessional conduct does nothing to help an auction and denigrates the comrade of the Datsun Z community.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DatsunZGuy said:

During the recent auction for a blue Series 1 resulting in the reserve was not being met, I saw posts that were personal attacks and not germane to the subject.  The auction thread was peppered with entries marked as, comment not constructive.  It appears there is a common group of fanatical Z silverbacks on BaT with the predisposition to throw poo at each other when a mint example goes on the block ?

Unprofessional conduct does nothing to help an auction and denigrates the comrade of the Datsun Z community.

And one guy said there were engine problems because of the popping sound in the driving video.  If you didn't know any better that could have easily scared someone off. I think someone even tried to tell him it was the smog pump but he wouldn't listen.  I think BAT has gone from an auction site to entertainment. But it is entertainment. :)

• Like 1

I don't know guys,   I have read all the sniping you are  talking about from those few who  engage in it and I was  scared   $h--less they were going to eat me alive when I listed my 77/280z a few months back. But I knew BaT was going to not only going to sell my car quickly but it was also going to get me the best price for it and as it turned out I don't think there was one negative comment for the entire 7 days. The same goes for an engine I sold on Bat just a couple of weeks back.

Maybe I got lucky but I don't think the bidders pay much attention to the peanut gallery, in fact I think they are quite distinct from one another. You don't see active bidders competing in those ego driven squabbles.

I just want a fair price for my car. I’m ok with getting less if that means less effort and less hassle. But not stupid less. There was one guy at the Japanese Nostalgic Car Meet who told me that my asking price was more than fair. He then invited me to come over to his vacation home in the future to see his horses. Super, super friendly. A few days later, he made me a stupid lowball offer for the car with a photo of the garage spot where he’d keep the car. 
I am just tired of dealing with these kinds of people. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1