IGNORED

For sale - 1972 Datsun 240z -$23,900 or best offer

718Miata

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Looks like a great car at a good price!  Did you list it for sale in our classifieds yet?  I would recommend putting up an ad and including more photos.  If you haven't already...  https://www.classiczcars.com/classifieds

Edit:  Ah, nevermind I found your listing and linked below.  Sorry the auction buyer didn't come through.  I recommend more photos if you have some.  -- Mike

Bring a Trailer has been a real meat grinder when it come to snarky comments from the 240Z peanut gallery there.  Best have a thick skin and and a Nomex fire suit if it gets posted on that venue.

IMHO....sit on the car until the weather warms up, Christmas credit card bills have been paid and tax refunds are in a prospective buyer's pocket.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, DatsunZGuy said:

Bring a Trailer has been a real meat grinder when it come to snarky comments from the 240Z peanut gallery there.  Best have a thick skin and and a Nomex fire suit if it gets posted on that venue.

IMHO....sit on the car until the weather warms up, Christmas credit card bills have been paid and tax refunds are in a prospective buyer's pocket.

I have grown tired of that myself.  Plus they are all "experts".  There is one guy that posts comments. Then compares the car for sale against the cars he has for sale.  Presumably, he is trying to run interception and attract potential buyers to his cars at the expense of the auction.  Still I cant help but visit every day over my lunch hour. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with you guys on BaT. You can learn a lot, and certainly be entertained, by reading the comments, but I don't think it is the place to sell a Z right now. This is unfortunate, as I have a Z I plan on putting up for sale. I think I'll try Hemmings? It is a mostly stock car that probably goes in the $32-$35k range. This class of Z that usually gets picked apart on BaT by all the concours "experts".

1 hour ago, Geoff's 240z said:

Totally agree with you guys on BaT. You can learn a lot, and certainly be entertained, by reading the comments, but I don't think it is the place to sell a Z right now. This is unfortunate, as I have a Z I plan on putting up for sale. I think I'll try Hemmings? It is a mostly stock car that probably goes in the $32-$35k range. This class of Z that usually gets picked apart on BaT by all the concours "experts".

It is sad to see how a couple of those "expert" posters with ulterior motives will dominate the dialog on a 240Z auction and denigrate a car for the sole intent of promoting their own vehicles.  You are wise not to post on BaT, as your car would be in the cross hairs of the verbal elementary school food fights that is now so common each time a good 240Z is posted. 

• Like 2

Seems that people are bashing the BAT site because they don't like some comments that they saw.  Doesn't make sense.  If the seller gets his asking price, with low fees, who gives a ____ about the comments?

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1