IGNORED

My weekly rant. Premature Parts Death Plague

zKars

1 hour ago, zKars said:

If I had a choice of quality parts I'd buy them. I have no idea where to find such things. There are no such stores here or anywhere I know of. There is a Dollar Store on every corner however. They have great cheap paint brushes I can use once to clean parts and toss. 

My parents still have the same paint brushes they used and cleaned since 1956. I still have their working toaster as well. Me think we are doomed.

Mainland China Govt's big plan.... the drug dealer methodology....  get the world addicted to low cost junk and corner the supply.... our local Govt's are the pushers and we are the addicts.

I could see this coming since the 90's with the WTO entry and all the cheap and dangerous kids toys and telescopes flooding the market place.... just like the illegal invasion of Iraq in 2003, you could see it well before the train wreck happened.... it is still sad times when the Russians can take down a jet, Saudi's can take out a Journalist  and no one blinks but rather changes the channel to the Kardashians.

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zed Head said:

Home Depot and Amazon are the biggest drug dealers in the world by that theory.  Two giant American companies.

Exactly... and the Govt's that let companies close in NA and move shop to China.   NA currently has the tech lead but could lose it if not for Trumps current trade war...at least one thing he is doing right. Too bad people do not recognize the significance of this.

I guess I may have some insight having helped a Chinese company break into a market then working for them over a 9 year period.... I saw the good, then bad then really bad.  I'm glad they were shown the door in the end after their method of operating changed from NA at the start to Mainland Chinese over the 9 years.

Just now, 240260280 said:

Exactly... and the Govt's that let companies close in NA and move shop to China.  

So it's the US government then...  You're saying that the US government should control the behavior of US companies.  Like in China. 

I hate to beat on a hornets nest but...

The government is too big! Its a leviathon and is no longer controllable by the people. 

"This form of government is only suitable for a moral people". I am not sure we still qualify as that. We elect unscrupulous,  amoral leaders and are surprised when they retire from congress as millionaires. The problem is I havent been able to come up with a fix. I guess the best place to start is a moral populace that demands change...

Its a complicated problem with lots of moving parts and agendas

• Like 1

I hate to beat on a hornets nest but...
The government is too big! Its a leviathon and is no longer controllable by the people. 
"This form of government is only suitable for a moral people". I am not sure we still qualify as that. We elect unscrupulous,  amoral leaders and are surprised when they retire from congress as millionaires. The problem is I havent been able to come up with a fix. I guess the best place to start is a moral populace that demands change...
Its a complicated problem with lots of moving parts and agendas

John Adams quote:
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

We are no longer those kind of people. There is a small minority that qualify.
Moral people can no longer attain political power. Too many compromises have to make it to these high offices. Our leaders are mostly self serving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

John Adams quote:
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

We are no longer those kind of people. There is a small minority that qualify.
Moral people can no longer attain political power. Too many compromises have to make it to these high offices. Our leaders are mostly self serving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew the quote, but didn't know who to contribute it to, thanks for that. I agree with all those sentiments...

A great deal of "what's wrong with America" and the world, in general, is Narcissism. That giant Ego that doesn't want to believe it's not better, smarter, etc. than others. We see it in individuals and groups. Narcissism, Sociopathy, and Psychopathy all share the common symptom of no empathy or compassion. The people who have personality disorders are calling the shots. There's a higher percentage of Narcissists in Big Business, Government, Military, etc. than anywhere else except mental health treatment centers. They thrive on control of all others.

• Like 3

Funny how things are turning around though.  There once was a time that people searched far and wide to find the cheapest deal.  Now people seem to be searching far and wide to find the best quality.  There are good products that come out of China.  Just reach into your pocket and look at your mobile phone.  Manufacturers can no longer build disposable crap.  I have a feeling the new generations will shift things back.  Don't blame government, blame the consumer.

• Like 2