IGNORED

[2019] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

On 6/7/2019 at 10:13 PM, gundee said:

Intake is now on. Those bottom nuts were a sob to get a socket or wrench on to tighten.

20190607_170031.jpg

Now that it is back together, I was warming up the engine to see if any tune adjustments were needed. After I got out the timing light and a few tools

I figure that should be warm enough. I start to check carb balance and I say to myself, doesn't seem hot enough yet. Why is it taking so long? I look inside

and the temp gauge reads 1/2 so Its good.  As it turns out the ceramic coated headers really do contain a lot of the heat. Very noticeable compared to the

old cast iron set up. Pleased to know that.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finally drove Blue around the block.

I have been ignoring and mistreating Blue for many years.  I just put a new brake system on it and wheel spacers.

The cunning plan is to add a G-nose and ZG flares but keep stockish wheels to reduce rolling resistance for highway cruising (and spacers to fill flares and widen stance). A low ratio R180 differential, AC, ultra sound proofing, and an 88mm P90 engine will make it run long.

It looks very hillbilly at the moment lol. If the spacers are difficult to tame then Diamond Customs here I come.

Sadly it will eventually be Japanese racing white so Blue will go bye bye.

Blue Lives!.jpg

wide wheels.jpg

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 3

Yeah, I didn't get away unscathed, but it could have been a whooooooooole lot worse.

It was completely dark at the time and I never saw it coming. Huge BANG!!!! and a flash of brown, a couple big splashes of deer snot up on the windshield (I knocked the snot out of him), and then I saw him slide off across the oncoming lane into the brush. I was probably going 35-40 at the time. I went back today and took that pic.

No fun at all for anything involved.    :cry: