IGNORED

Just what the Doctor ordered. 1977 280z

grannyknot

13 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I've never vulcanized rubber. Anyone here done that?

Is raw un-vulcanized rubber easily available?

I don't really know what the process would look like. Are the rubbers that are being used to reproduce other NLA parts suitable for this application?

If a suitable product is available, the molds are relatively small but a good part would be needed for making the molds

10 hours ago, 240260280 said:

3 early resto's and ~ 250k USD or more tax free!  Business case!!!!

Funny, I don't remember ever seeing that kind of money.  I sure wish I hadn't sold the 1970 240Z HLS30 01955 March/70 now,  if I had put a bit more detail into making it more stock who knows what it would go for these days.

So I got the engine/tranny in today but before I did I thought I would weigh them, the engine by itself stripped down except for the mounts, no fluids was 304 lbs. With the flywheel, clutch pak, and transmission, 435 lbs,  the chain and tackle were 8 lbs.  The last pic is as far as I got by the end of the day,  I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

• Like 4