IGNORED

1970 Z432 For Sale - California

gundee

On 9/15/2016 at 1:40 AM, HS30-H said:

Reassuring to see the forum dimwits being dimwits. We can't be far from an 'LS-it' meme...

The "what's all the fuss about" viewpoint is half philistinism and half luddite

Hey Mike, I very subtly suggested a short while ago that somebody keep their opinions about China to themselves and not troll the forum for xenophobia and I got an Abusive Behavior warning.  HS30 calls Blue and grannyknot "dimwits" directly and that's not abusive.  That's where the bias charge comes from.  You have subconscious favorites.  Dimwits is still there.  It's another name for stupid or dumb, in case it's not clear.

I think that HS30 gets on the forum just to be an arrogant a s s  (that's American for arse).  All of the bad in this thread started from his name-calling.  There's your problem.  Be consistent.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

However, where you are, they are very rare and relatively obscure to most. That and the fact most have to be imported to UK from Asia or NA increases the local cost and in turn value. Also in your region you have to factor in the high taxes and high price of things when normalized to a common currency. 

USA Canada Australia Great Britain Others
1970 16,215 1201 319 2 3

As Z owner in NA, I  appreciate the various iterations and design changes from 1969 to 1978 however I find very little distinctions between the lot that is worth a $200,000 premium.  Thus my agreement with the first post.

I can also understand why the 432 is more expensive/of more value where you are due to foreign exchange, higher cost of living, and regional differences.

Where I am? 

The original market - and still by a huge margin the main market - for the PS30 Fairlady Z432 was, and is, Japan. What relevance has my home market here in the UK with that? What a bizarre post.

I note too (hopefully others will not fall for it) that you are citing 1970 sales numbers for HLS30 and HS30 prefixed cars as some kind of reference. Reference for what exactly in the context of the 432? There are no Japanese market sales included in those numbers and therefore they are crock for the purposes of most useful discussion.

You seem to be running out of ideas and material. 

15 hours ago, Blue said:

Your posts are very entertaining... too bad you don't share that hoard of data you sit on. They would be much more useful and less hurtful.

e

How ironic.  If you used the search function for more than just “hoovering” and reposting other people’s photos you would see that Alan has shared quite a bit of the information he’s acquired over the years.  If not for people like Alan and Kats obtaining, translating, and sharing the information they’ve gathered and obsrved first hand, we’d know a lot less about the family of S30 cars and how they differed across models and markets around the world.  Why don’t you post in Kat’s great Datsun 240Z vs Fairlady Z432 thread how you think his car is just an overpriced 240Z with girly named badges?  http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/23900-datsun-240z-vs-fairlady-z432/

Several people in this thread have made great comparisons to put in context why a Z432 costs so much more than a NA 240Z, but you ignore that and focus on the horse power specs and make unrealistic comparisons to modern cars.  Clearly you don’t get what makes a Z432 special or appreciate it for what it is.  I don’t think that you speak for the majority of people on this site (at least I am hopeful that you don’t) and you certainly don’t speak for all of North America, so please quit making broad sweeping statements like you have been.

• Like 3

Read the first post and my first post. In fact all my posts. They are on topic and funny too.  Sorry I have an opinion on the price of that 432 selling in the USA. 

The Fear LadyBoy joke was just chain yanking like this sentence.  I have the utmost respect for Kats and his work of art.

He speaks for me and everybody that owns EFI cars plus 95% of the forum.  Just not you and "Her Majesty" the queen.  His views are none of my business but all the money he has saved me and thousands of other people just by being a kind and helpful person with his Tech Tips is something I'm waiting on you to do.  As long as I've been active here I cannot recall a single positive post from you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Read the first post and my first post. In fact all my posts. They are on topic and funny too.  

I think that's funny peculiar rather than funny ha ha...

You put too much bait on your hook. You're only catching bottom feeders. The magic post-editing on the other hand is something to behold. It does however beg the question as to why it is so often necessary? Can't get it right before hitting the submit button? Change your mind after a little bit of reflection? Self doubt...? 

Suggestion: How about - rather than offering an opinion on the topic of the 432 in general being all but worthless and more than a little bit off limits for those perhaps not too sure of their own sexual identity - making some observations about the particular car in question? You know, the one that's actually for sale? The specific car that's (allegedly) the topic of this thread. Surely the Mother Theresa of the first gen Z world has some wisdom to impart for the good of 'The Community'? ;-)  

Mike, people have seen my posts, the ones you keep deleting.  Why do you keep deleting my rational logical statements but leave HS30's name-calling "dimwit" post?  You keep saying that you're unbiased but then you keep biasing your editing.

Just explain it one time on the public forum so that we all understand what's going on.  You're not making sense.  How is what I post different from what HS30 is posting?  One simple explanation will do.  I don't get it.

• Like 1

I think a big problem with a lot of opinions being thrown around and especially those trashing these cars and their values is that those same folks have never..

A.) Driven an S20 powered s30z

B.) Owned an S20 powered car.

C.) Looked into the vast array of differences between L-gata and 'budget' conscious S30z, and compared it with the higher spec Z432 or Z432-R models.

If they did any of the above they may better appreciate what makes these cars special.

Badge or Emblem snobbery goes a long way towards dismissing the value of Japanese classics and has for a long time, but slowly and surely it is changing.

I wonder if those dismissing the value of said vehicles also feel that the Toyota 2000gt, L10A Mazda Cosmo or KPGC10 Skyline GTRs are also over priced?

Do you feel the same way about air cooled 911s?

Does the idea of a clean 4 cylinder 912 at $50k USD make you feel ill? Or is it just the "Datsun" you think is overpriced?

Edited by Gav240z

• Mike locked this topic