IGNORED

L28+(maxima)47 build

2 hours ago, jonbill said:
12 hours ago, madkaw said:
Getting close to starting again ! Love the Kameari tensioner set up . Makes life a lot easier to degree your cam 
50D86435-F66C-4F16-B849-20AEA2B93D3E.thumb.jpeg.14e51f4fe1217bda85fefc70e2d937e6.jpeg
E146BA70-CF2F-4DB9-8018-752C036C821E.thumb.jpeg.63e32d99b321347054a9acebd9ed71c7.jpeg

Is that because you can roll it back and forward without losing tension?

Exactly . It’s hard to land right on the valve opening sometimes based on the valve spring tension- but if you miss , you just roll the engine back . Movement is instant thru the chain assembly . You can also turn the motor using the cam bolt - which also simplifies things 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Reptoid Overlords said:

I've been running my .080 shaved P90 for around 3500 miles now.  I love it and haven't had any problems with pump premium fuel. 

Same. Mine has been on and off the road since 2013 with the shaved P90 @ 11:1 compression with no issues related to running California 91 pump gas.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 10:53 PM, LeonV said:

Same. Mine has been on and off the road since 2013 with the shaved P90 @ 11:1 compression with no issues related to running California 91 pump gas.

Mine didn’t follow the same CR since I am using custom JE pistons . I figured a bit over 10:1 at this point , but I think I’ll be happy with that. I wanted 11:1 , but I would have to shave another 40 thou of the head probably . My MN head is still in machine shop jail. 

So yesterday was first run . Didn’t even bother to install the hood , bumper

I did that too when my new engine fired up for the first time!!! Exactly like you, 30 miles later I was grinning from ear to ear but the whole time I was totally expecting to be stopped by the Police!!![emoji1787]

Congrats dude!! Such a good win when that happens. That power band sounds great and tractable. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I was told by my engine builder to check head-bolt torque and valve after the first 100 miles, 300 miles, 500 and so one while the head gasket and everything else settles.

• 5 months later...