IGNORED

[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Was there any prior leaks or sweats in the tank that the por15 sealed up?

There were no leaks or anything to cause necessity. There was a minimal amount of rust in the interior though.  Just took the opportunity to address any future problems and to give myself a little piece of mind. If any fuel problems occur in the future, I will know its condition and can eliminate our friend, Mr. Rust in the tank, as a problem source.

The bonus is that if I ever decide to part ways with the Z, It makes a very good selling point. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Greg came over yesterday and replaced the broken differential mount. Yay! We took a small ride off the gravel road, and RedBird did Great! Looked and sounded like my problems were nearly over. Saying that only because she was still running a bit rough. Anticipating, hopefully, a fix on that sometime in Oct. Which is ok.

Alas, today when I was taking a short run to town, apparently my next gremlin decided to make an appearance.

She started running so rough, worse than ever, I cut short the town trip. After putting some gas in, I went on home.

A few weeks ago, when Steve cleaned out the tank, he refilled it back with the 5 gallons. Since then she has just sat. But the gas gauge registered almost empty today, is why I put in 6 more gallons. So I placed a cardboard under the gas tank to see if I would catch any leaking. I doubt it, just was concerned about the low gas gauge. I am sure this rough chugging today is more of the same that they all have been working on in the engine.

I am pleased that Greg was so helpful working on her yesterday. He surprised me when he called saying he was on the way! Extremely nice of him. I owe many thanks to Greg and Steve, for all their interest in my RedBird. I don't know where I would be without their, and your, kind assistance. This group is FULL of great guys, I thank all of you!

Onward,

Jai

I completed the next stage in my return to a more rational ride quality. Changed out the 6K and 5K coil over springs on my McKinney Motor sport coil-overs (that 470 and 390 in-lb in case you were wondering... 70-100 is stock! sheesh!) springs for a nice set of 150/175 in-lb Eibachs... Much better! Not spongy or floaty or caddie like, actually quite nice.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Suiting up for what will probably be the last drive of the season. Weather is cooling right off with some snow flurries this weekend, so better make this one a good one. Don't know whether to laugh or cry....

Mind you, heater works, choke works, underside is waterproof, just what's stopping me from driving any dang time I want again? (insert face palm emota-thingy here...)

• Mike locked this topic