IGNORED

[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Dropped the fuel tank and the drive shaft (er, propeller shaft). Hardlines are next, and finally the engine and gearbox. Then, roll it into a trailer and get it down to the body shop.

Does anyone have a recommendation for how to safely store the windshield and hatch glass for a few months? I assume it needs to be vertical, bit I don't want to just lean it against a wall - it WILL get broken if I do that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How did you get the backs clean?

Careful scraping of the undercoating to expose most of the back and the retaining studs, both broke off when trying to undo the rusted nuts even after multiple applications of penetrating oil. After removing the turn signals, more careful scraping of the hard undercoating with various small scrapers and picks. Then I cleaned off the residue with Dupli-Color wax & grease remover followed by a wash/rinse with soap and water. A light sanding was required for some stubborn areas.

I collected my DCOE 40 webers and ordered this Header, it should arrive by the end of the week, does anyone have any experience with this header? Thanks in advance

I had that same header over 20 years ago. The quality looks better now than the one I had.

Mine was chrome. I see now they have the better polished exhaust coating.

The biggest issue I had was where the slip fit head pipe connected to the header

with exhaust clamps. It always leaked there. Never could get a good seal.

Also I had to grind some areas on my Mikuni manifold to clear the header

while attaching the intake. It was not real noticeable though.

Mine connected to a 2-1/2 in exhaust.

• Like 1

Cleaned up, filled and installed the 4:44 R190 in the race car today. Going to Palmer, MA the new road course called Whiskey Hill next week.

The 4:38 R180 is toast. Case filled with metallic sludge from the ring and pinion.

• Like 1

Took my girl and the wife on a road trip this weekend, found out the hard way that it is fun to drive the back roads ;0)

attachicon.gif20150715_131223.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I got one of those babies too!  67 in a 40, right before getting into Memphis for ZCON.  $151.50 plus fees?  Hopefully it'll be less than $200 but my rates will go up for 3 years, DAMN.

• Mike locked this topic