IGNORED

New Logo

psdenno

Just tossing a thought to discuss, not necessarily making a judgement call......... Perhaps the sugar scoop headlight bucket isn't as iconic as hoped if people have trouble recognizing it as the shape of the logo and how it was derived from the Z. An apple silhouette with a bite out of it, Golden Arches, a three pointed star in a circle, the Chevy Bow Tie are all iconic and easily identify an entity.

The "Z", a stylized silhouette of the early 2X0Z, or a hubcap tend to be more readily recognized and associated with the desired car/lifestyle. Some food for thought while I head out to lunch.

Dennis

I'm also in the mixed feelings group on this one. The Rising Sun was the military/war flag for the Japanese Imperial Army and Imperial Navy. Although we have lost most of our WWII veterans, there is still a lot of residual emotion in the U.S. tied to this flag. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_Flag

Mike, your graphics work is very creative and the work you are doing with the site is top-notch. I guess the marketplace will ultimately be the measure of success or failure with these designs. Good luck with your efforts.

Ditto the above.

Bluntly, I've seen cars with the Rising Sun painted on their hoods, doors, trunks, hatch, etc. and it's fine for an individual who insists on swimming against the current, but I don't think that applies to this forum.

My vote is to nix the Rising Sun. While there will be those who pooh-pooh the concept of feelings/emotions with the Rising Sun Flag I'll bet that there are symbols that they would object to as well. Some symbols evoke a gut reaction immediately, hence the requested edit of this post.

The concept of the Sugar Scoop is novel and artistic.

E

Edited by EScanlon
Removed objectionable symbol mention.

I must say I am really not a fan of the changes to the layout at the top of the page. In all honestly I really liked it just the way it was. I am not against the site moving forward and if there was some sort of additionally functionality that was needed that came with the changes I would more in favor of it but just for the sake of changing the look, I am sorry but it does not get my vote.

Now if the owner of the Datsun Classifieds site would put it back to EXACTLY the way it was I would be thrilled! Why do the sites have to be changed? These sites are meant as a community of information sharing and commodity surrounding our love for these cars. Keep it simple, keep it nice to look at, and keep the information flowing.

Logged in to comment just about this topic. Absolutely brilliant design, Mike. GREAT logo! I noticed the headlight shape right away.

You guys with all your WWII and "can't change anything" attitudes; "GET OVER IT"! I can think of two web sites in the last nine years that have failed because they DIDN'T change, grow, evolve, keep up with the times. Popular web sites. Run by one of the most popular guys in this group (Z-Car people).

I fully support what you're tryingto do, Mike. Keep up the good work!

Logged in to comment just about this topic. Absolutely brilliant design, Mike. GREAT logo! I noticed the headlight shape right away.

You guys with all your WWII and "can't change anything" attitudes; "GET OVER IT"! I can think of two web sites in the last nine years that have failed because they DIDN'T change, grow, evolve, keep up with the times. Popular web sites. Run by one of the most popular guys in this group (Z-Car people).

Ditto that 26th-Z.......Bet the MG guys don't complain about the Union Jack......how about you BMW fans? The Japanese brought us the transistor radio and the Datsun 240Z. It's a beautiful flag and Japan is a great ally and trading partner.......Get over it! Looks great Mike.

I fully support what you're tryingto do, Mike. Keep up the good work!

I agree 26th Z.......GET OVER IT! It's a beautiful flag from the country that gave us the cars we all get giddy over. Japan is a great trading partner and ally......what about the Union Jack or maybe you BMW or Porsche fans? Good job Mike.......it's perfect.