IGNORED

New Logo

psdenno

Hi guys, yes you caught me as we are putting together our new branding package for the club. I worked with my favorite designer to come up with a logo that captures one of the most famous parts of the Z-car (my favorite), the headlight. You can see a slight outline of the headlight with the "bloodshot" eye in the middle. We are still working on variations of the logo right now and you can see a few of those reflected on the main page in our family pictures. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the new logo ideas as we explore more of them over the next few months. -- Mike

PS: If you have ideas, please feel free to submit your graphic designs to this thread. I would love to see what some of you think we should use as our new 'refreshed' look for the next generation of Z heads... Only requirement is the headlight scoop must be integrated into your design. ;)

Other than offending Koreans, Chinese, Filipinos, and Pearl Harbor survivors, (kind of like walking into an NAACP convention waving a Confederate flag) it's eye catching. We do, however, live in a kinder, gentler, and more politically correct world on some days.

Dennis

I'm also in the mixed feelings group on this one. The Rising Sun was the military/war flag for the Japanese Imperial Army and Imperial Navy. Although we have lost most of our WWII veterans, there is still a lot of residual emotion in the U.S. tied to this flag. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_Flag

Mike, your graphics work is very creative and the work you are doing with the site is top-notch. I guess the marketplace will ultimately be the measure of success or failure with these designs. Good luck with your efforts.