IGNORED

Early Hood Differences

26th-Z

I replaced the hood on 26th in 1990 without noticing the differences. The original hood had been bashed and a new hood from Datsun was cheap. It is just like the blue one I posted. Seems like a 3rd production Kats mentions. Funny, the part number doesn't change..65100-E4100

Just for grins, the part number for the PZR hood in FRP is 65100-E7200

• 11 years later...

My 07/70 has an early hood as well, No drain holes, no reinforced corners. And I am sure that it had a flat hood release, but I mixed up my parts when I was putting it back on which means zKars has it in his parts pile now.

IMGP2034.jpg

IMGP2035.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This new listing, a '73 240Z, on BAT seems to have different style of hood, not previously discussed here. It has corner reinforcements without holes/with angled hood release handle. This '73 is a very nice original example that is going for strong money after one day,

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-95/

Here's a pic of the hood.

1973_datsun_240z_15597707849f98764daIMG_5990.jpg

Edit,  My mistake this hood is a #2 production as described by @kats in post #13.   @Mike B's '72 has this same hood, post #12 of this topic from Aug '07

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kats said:

Hi Patcon , if it is cheap, I would buy it . But currently 3.5 million JPY ( 32000 USD )  is the price .I can’t afford it.

Kats

I totally understand. That's a lot of money for a complete project!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 12:13 AM, kats said:

Hi , I forgot to report this , I found this car for sale in June 2017 in Japan . 

09/1970 on the door jam tag .

This car has an early bonnet which looks to be origin to this car but , the edge of the bonnet doesn’t have a small tab which can be seen in the one from 69- 1970 early.

So , this could be the second bonnet , no holes / no reinforcements , no tabs . 

Kats

Kats,

I just picked up a 9/70 240z with the small tab.

1 early hpood.jpg

• Like 1