Diseazd's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Diseazd

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Diseazd

  1. Nice jewelery! The Isky Stage III is a great choice, and the lobes are comparable with the rockers. What head is that?
  2. IMO The best looking Datsun race car ever put on the track😎Greg Ira and Sam Neaves put this together for Woody Staub…. (Mike Lee Photo)
  3. Woody and Sam at the MittyIMG_5127.mov
  4. Just incredible! So nice to see a resto done right. You have great skills….can’t wait to watch the progress.
  5. @Jeff G 78 Yeah Jeff…..We’ll put up with you even though you no longer own a Z. I guess the old race car finally hit the bone yard. I guess with all the trophies you won, you’ll need a special room in your new home. HAPPY NEW YEAR to a special member! Guy
  6. Maybe, but a small price to pay for a design that in my humble opinion would’ve sold a lot more Z’s. Maybe next time 😐
  7. Nice look, but I still think Nissan missed an opportunity like Ford and Chrysler to mimick an original.
  8. I have front Willwoods on my silver Z with 15 inch Panasports. Probably right about reaction disc….won’t just fall off if you haven’t removed booster. I guess hard pedal could be a bad Brake Booster or check valve.
  9. Front Willwoods are an easy install. Fronts are where most of your stopping power is. I just put the fronts on all but one of my cars…..they will really put your head towards the windshield. I use my stock Master cylinder with no problem even with the Z with front and rear Willwoods. A hard pedal usually is caused by a lost reaction disk in my experience. Don’t know what else causes a hard pedal.
  10. Nice of her to shoot your car, but I like your pics better…..absolutely beautiful car…I love silver on Z’s!
  11. For $8.00 to buy this simple device, who cares that the Float-Sync is no longer available eh?
  12. @madkaw That’s pretty damned fancy madkaw……good to see you’re still alive! 🥳
  13. Hi Site Been a while….not sure, but whatever adds .080 inches….if they are .040 inches, 2 would do. Don’t hesitate to call Eiji….tell him you’re my cousin and if wants to keep eating steak at our house, he needs to be nice! 🤪 He’ll sell you the right stuff.
  14. Hi Charles…..Thanks, no, I bought the foam from Resurrected Classics, the seat covers from Mike at Banzai Motorworks and had a good upholstery shop put them together. Some things I leave to professionals 🤑
  15. Installed the freshly restored seats in the orange 72
  16. I’m surprised that a gauge to measure the depth of the jet in the Z SU ‘s hasn’t been created. Seems like a little spring loaded gauge inserted in the jet track to expose depth of the jets would be simple for some of us that sell cool products ( 3D printing) on this forum. It would eliminate “how many turns down” which is kind of a screwy way to get where you want to be on your mixture. Anyone agree?
  17. @SteveJ You are our “go to guy” in electric issues Steve. We appreciate someone who knows more than “It bites you, but you can’t see it”…….. like me. Live forever!!!!🥳
  18. Correct……Always do one carb at a time….piston and dome are precision matched. One more thing, make sure the needles haven’t been bent.
  19. Diseazd replied to Pomorza's topic in Help Me !!
    DatsunSpirit has lash pads……
  20. Hi Site……If you shave .080 inches from your P90 head, you’ll have to jack up the cam towers .080 inches too. You use the early 280 valves which are approximately .080 inches longer. With this set up, you don’t need the shorter valve seals……they are used when the L24 head uses a cam with .460 or more lift which would squash those seals. If you decide to do that, let me know and I’ll put you in touch with Eiji at Datsun Spirit…..he has everything you need to build that head. He has a ton of Isky Stage III cams also. If you just send him your head, he’ll build you a piece of art. Nice buy for $25.00.
  21. @Route66 They aren’t repos, they are awesome fenders, just 280 fenders. Very modest modification needed for perfect fit. You’ll need a body guy with a welder to move the little clip for the inspection panel to snap in……an easy job, and once you bolt it up, a slight mod to get the seams perfect……all zero sweat. @zspert is the expert to comment on the mods…..you can see the perfect result on my 71.
  22. Right you are Mike, 280 fenders…..We had to alter a small section of the top of the fender and move the catch for the little inspection doors to make em work. The hood and two fenders were bought for under $600.00 total. I should have bought em all. Hope you’re doing good! Guy
  23. Ditto that @Route66 …….I got the 2 fenders and a hood for the 71 restoration from my local Nissan dealer.
  24. @jfa.series1 can fix you up…..right Jim? Can’t understand why these things don’t work properly….they’re only 54 years old.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.