[2026] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today? - What I Did Today - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

[2026] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

Featured Replies

In anticipation of owning my 240Z for 40 years, I have ordered brand new Zerk / Brake Bleeder Caps. They will arrive at my home in January 2026, 56 years after the vehicle rolled off the production line.

Keith

  • 5 months later...

Finally took a break from house projects.

20260604_170217.jpg

9 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I drank a beer while I watched a buddy work on HIS Z. That counts, right?

Of course, it counts!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
11 hours ago, Patcon said:

Nice yellow Z

Yeah, it's beautiful. Have you seen that one in person yet? He and I have traveled together to a couple Zcons in the past few years. You may have seen it at Atlanta or Nashville?

And the work being done in that pic... He had lowered the car some bunch of years ago and always thought the rear was too low. So he added spacers to the the top of the rear struts to raise the rear end a little. He had to disconnect the rear brake hoses to get enough travel on the strut assy to get access to the top to fit the spacers. We had just finished bleeding the brakes and I was enjoying a refreshment while he cleaned up the bleed nipples and buttoned up the details.

I haven't seen the final stance yet. Fingers crossed it looks a little less squatty in the rear than it did before and he's happy.

It's still on stands now though because he's also cleaning out the gas tank at the same time and that portion of the work isn't done yet. I brazed some of his tank vent nipples closed and he's working on the final tank cleaning. Should be soon.

If it was in Atlanta or Nashville I'm sure I've seen it. Although I dont remember explicitly...

I hope your well. From the looks of it, you are :)

Been collecting all new parts for my engine build. Block is at the machine shop, was sonic tested and bored, just waiting for pistons to arrive for final bore/hone. This piece just arrived 😁....

Lspec2.jpeg

Lspec6.jpeg

Lspec10.jpeg

Lspec11.jpeg

Lspec3.jpeg

Nice jewelery! The Isky Stage III is a great choice, and the lobes are comparable with the rockers. What head is that?

46 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

Nice jewelery! The Isky Stage III is a great choice, and the lobes are comparable with the rockers. What head is that?

P90A (non hydro version).

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Popular Post

The wheels of my original-owner 1972 240Z (HLS30-46372) touched the ground yesterday evening at 6:30 p.m. EDT for the first time since the restomod was started in July, 2008. In honor of the occasion, the American Racing Libre 14x6 wheels that I bought for the car in 1973 were outfitted with new 205/50 tires.

Next on the agenda: installing the 3.1 L stroker motor.

20260622_183150[1].jpg

20260521_124905[1].jpg

  • Popular Post

After getting my 1977 280z past it’s last inspection ever and back on the road, for the first time since owning it, I took it to work to see how she drives. And man the engine feels great and incredibly healthy. Unfortunately the alignment was incredibly bad. I had her aligned during the inspection and the guy said het put everything to zero as a baseline but the car was all over the place and was very hard to turn to the right.

I took it to a tire shop very close to work since I know they also do custom suspension and alignments for high performance racecars. And my god the previous guy messed up bad. The alignment wasn’t even close. Below I’ll add the alignment sheet with the terms translated to English, please note that a -0.67 degree toe means a toe out of 0.286 inches which is massive for the front wheels.

WhatsApp Image 2026-06-23 at 09.31.00 (3).jpeg

The car drives a lot better now even though the rear is still off. The front office didn’t quite get what kind of car I was bringing in and just how custom the suspension (full Apex Engineered control arms and front crossmember) was and thus only scheduled a standard half hour alignment. I’ll be adjusting the rear trackwidth myself so I’ll unlock more rear toe adjustment and then pop back into the shop for a final alignment. After that I’ll be saving up to refurbish the shock absorbers as the rear once are totally gone. Eather that or a set of Intrax or KW coilovers.

But the most important thing is that I can finally enjoy this beauty!

WhatsApp Image 2026-06-23 at 09.31.00 (1).jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.