IGNORED

Who's been MIA?

Marty Rogan

6 hours ago, Marty Rogan said:

Does anyone know what became of @beandip?  I used to talk with him a lot, but 
I have not heard form him in 2 -3 years.

Marty

I have exchanged emails with him and will send another tonight to check in.

3 hours ago, grannyknot said:

And while we are at it, where the heck is @Blue (Phillip)?

Not sure where Phillip went.  Bryan and I were going to check in to see if all is ok with him.

11 hours ago, DatsunZGuy said:

When searching the archives for information, I still find posts from Carl Stahlnecker (a.k.a. Bambikiller), who left us almost 10 years ago. 

He's another member from the "good old days" of this forum I still miss to this day :(  

Yea, Carl's passing was sudden as well, wow has it really been nearly 10 years?  Yikes.  He was also a very active member.

I want to know what's happened to @Kyle, @go z racer, go, @hls30.com, @beandip, @2ManyZs, @billcapp, @Ken, @SoCalZ, @ron carter, @byunique, @kmack, @Mr Camouflage, @Victor Laury, @Gav240z, @Z-point, @zfreak72, @mmagnus, @V8-240Z, @hmsports, @zztom, @Saint, @mperdue, @JLPurcell, Thomas Bond, etc etc etc...

Sorry about the list, if you are or not on it...  I just went through a lot of the early registrations since we moved to the very old site back in 1999.  I was also trying to remember some of the very active people back in the day ~10-15 years ago.

I know that Victor Laury is good, so is hls30.com.  I also heard from billcapp tonight.

Jerry Lynn did some excellent artwork for us, and Thomas Bond did our logo.

All of these gents are MIA... hopefully they get the email from the tags I put in above and let us know they are OK.

Mike

• Like 1

There was an, "I'm leaving" message posted about a month ago by someone who might have been Blue (but he didn't come right out and say so).  The poster said that he'd tired of the website's ad-tracking features, etc. -- and of the internet in general -- and was therefore checking out.  It certainly sounded very Blue-like.  If it was, it's our loss.  He was a famously helpful contributor and seemed to be always willing to assist someone who had a problem with their Z (I think Hardway can vouch for that).  He also invested what must have been  an enormous number of hours in creating some of the best 'how-to' articles I've seen, covering a huge variety of jobs. I'd put him right up there with Enrique Scanlon and Carl Beck as top contributors.

2 hours ago, Namerow said:

There was an, "I'm leaving" message posted about a month ago by someone who might have been Blue (but he didn't come right out and say so).  The poster said that he'd tired of the website's ad-tracking features, etc. -- and of the internet in general -- and was therefore checking out.  It certainly sounded very Blue-like.  If it was, it's our loss.  He was a famously helpful contributor and seemed to be always willing to assist someone who had a problem with their Z (I think Hardway can vouch for that).  He also invested what must have been  an enormous number of hours in creating some of the best 'how-to' articles I've seen, covering a huge variety of jobs. I'd put him right up there with Enrique Scanlon and Carl Beck as top contributors.

Yes, that was Philip, aka Blue. I sent him an email last night. I'll try texting him, too.

Just now, SteveJ said:

Yes, that was Philip, aka Blue. I sent him an email last night. I'll try texting him, too.

I talked with him over the phone about a month ago.  He has some home projects going on, or he did.  Knowing him they are finished and he has documented the work he did.  It was getting cold and he needed to get the work done before the ground froze.