IGNORED

Slowest car forum on the internet - CZC.com

Zed Head

I don't have any adbockers, up to date Chrome on Windows 10, newish computer, but CZCC often takes forever to load a page, and is even timing out now at times.  Sometimes reloading while the little wheel is spinning helps, other times it just starts a new spinning wheel.  Seems like it has to be some sort of tracking or history extraction Google thing going on.

Edit - adding a @Mike .  It seems like a complaint but it has to be reducing traffic on the site.  Which is bad for everybody.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Agree 3

Ha! Ya know, I've been having this issue for a while. I figure it might be some sort of server error or something because any other website would load well, yet stuff on here would take forever (sometimes it would time out, like you said). Funny thing is, there'd be times where the home page would load fast, but then it would take a good long while to load up a thread. Meanwhile, I'd check to see if it was my internet that was slow by opening another tab and, would you know it, I can watch a video on YouTube at 1080p no problem. 

I'm glad you brought this up because I've been thinking it was just me for a while. I've been paying close attention to the website's behavior trying to figure out the problem. That being said, I have found no pattern. There doesn't seem to be a specific time or circumstance that causes the site to slow down - sometimes it'll load like anything else, sometimes it'll take far longer than anything else, and sometimes it won't load at all. All I can say is that the website will sometimes slog, and it is seemingly a server problem rather than client.

I'm interested to see how many other people share in our plight. 

Edited by Tweeds
Detail.

Yes very slow sometimes, one trick I use is when I have identified myself as an existing member and it busy loading I go back to my favorites list and hit CZC.com again and the page comes up immediately with me logged in. It faster than waiting to be logged in.

Also, every time I login these days I get an email notice that the site has never seen this device before, well it is exactly the same desktop I've been using for yrs, no change.

10 hours ago, Zed Head said:

It seems to be thread specific sometimes.

Agreed!  When i click a thread it can take forever to load sometimes. then i click another thread near the one i clicked on the homepage and it loads immediately. when i have read that one i go back and then it will load also..  Or.. after 10 clicks it loads or never loads.. then i go to another thread and come back and it loads without a problem.. weird..

(on a average (not to slow and not superfast) desktop using windows edge.)

Wow! I hate to be "that guy", but we just got on with Infinity/Comcast and my speeds have increased. Before with a phone line modem things were very slooow. I have NO loading problems with the site. Thanks Mike.

Cheers, Mike

• Agree 1