IGNORED

Restoration profit

Richard McDonel

Ha! I've got you beat by a country mile. Before I reinstalled the seats in the 73, I lifted up a mat under the passenger seat and found a 1972 quarter and a 1960 penny. Both were likely there before I bought the car in 1993.

• Like 1

I once found a pair of pliers under a seat of my new car, it was of a expensive brand! still use it! And a calculator under a seat of a used car.. it was in my latest 280zx, next year i'm gonna visit the last owner (Who drove the car before the subdealer that sold me this zx) and ask if he recognizes the calculator haha!

• Like 2

I have found lots of money and other stuff in cars over the years. Coins under carpet or deep inside seat cushion crevices. Combs, pens, hairpins, and tools in nooks and crannies.

Even useful tools.

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 1

When I was 14-16 yrs old in 74-76 I worked at the Automat car wash in Burnaby B.C.  The customers would drive up to the vacuums and then go  to the waiting room for their car to come through the wash. There was an unwritten rule that stated any coins you found on the carpet or tucked into the seats were free for the taking, now at $3.17 per hour it wasn't hard to double you hourly pay on a busy Saturday.  If you were lucky enough to be the one who got the job of emptying vacuum canister on a Sunday there was another $10 in there for sure.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

I was cleaning out my Corolla a couple years after I got it and found a fat joint in the rear seat where the belt buckle clip comes out.

Shame it was all dried up, found it too late! 

I would have stuck it in a baggie with a bit of orange peel. That would rehydrate the dried out weed, giving it that “just right cured and ready to smoke” texture.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3