IGNORED

Any advice on a 4 Post Lift

Av8ferg

https://www.bendpak.com/Rolling-Bridge-Jacks-Manual-5900004-BendPak.pdf

When you use a 4-post lift, all tires rest on the two runways. To do such work as replacing the brakes, you need to remove the wheel. But the car is resting on the wheel. The bridge jack fits between the two runways and can be used to lift the front or back, or if you have two bridge jacks, the entire car just above the runways. 

Right now, for instance, I had to pull my transmission. I'm using a home-made bridge jack to support the rear of the engine.

Edited by Jeff Berk

11 hours ago, Marty Rogan said:

Does anyone know where the Atlas lifts are made? I emailed them once and they never responded.

I happened to find the manual (right on the floor of my garage). It doesn't give any info on country of origin.

According to the FAQs at https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/General-FAQ "Most of the products sold by Greg Smith Equipment are manufactured in Asia. We do not hide this fact. We could not offer the incredible pricing on all of our equipment if it was made in North America."

Edited by SteveJ

My 4 poster is a LiftKing, out of Calgary, Alberta. I'm sure it is just a rebrand of another make. I love it, but as has been previously stated - take really good measurements and have a ladder handy the first time you lift the car, so you can make really sure you're not hitting the ceiling.

745A7A90-6729-4F2A-B4FC-A1BF45336C32.jpeg

• Like 3

I have two Bendpak 4 posts, turning my 2 car garage into a 4 car garage.  I only have 10 foot ceilings, so I cannot put one of my International Scouts in the garage and have a car on the lift.  It works fine with 240Zs up and Miatas below.

24 minutes ago, loudoun said:

I have two Bendpak 4 posts, turning my 2 car garage into a 4 car garage.  I only have 10 foot ceilings, so I cannot put one of my International Scouts in the garage and have a car on the lift.  It works fine with 240Zs up and Miatas below.

I am curious what you have for garage doors. 

Another one for Bandpak.  Had the lift for about 5 years now and it's been trouble free.  Really helps when working on the car.  If you have the headroom, go for it.  My garage ceiling is 11ft high and just enough to clear the Datsun and my Mustang.

260zGarage.jpeg

9 hours ago, Hank240 said:

My 4 poster is a LiftKing, out of Calgary, Alberta. I'm sure it is just a rebrand of another make. I love it, but as has been previously stated - take really good measurements and have a ladder handy the first time you lift the car, so you can make really sure you're not hitting the ceiling.

745A7A90-6729-4F2A-B4FC-A1BF45336C32.jpeg

Beautiful Z car.......would love to see more pics.....I think Datsun yellow looks great!