Jump to content

YZFMax

Members
  • Content Count

    24
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

18 Good

About YZFMax

  • Rank
    Active Member

Contact

  • Map Location
    Toronto

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I had the exact same issue, ended up being a bad fuse connection. Seems like over time, the connections became a bit lose, so I pressed them in to create a tight fit for the fuses. This resolved the issue.
  2. Your build looks great. Hope to see you on the road someday.
  3. There is someone selling butterscotch interior parts here in Toronto: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/mississauga-peel-region/datsun-240z-butterscotch-interior-parts/1504501019?undefined Just fyi
  4. I also have a 260z with the dual weber setup. I took the car out for a spin for the first time this season, and my sentiments were exactly the same. Found the car to be underpowered and slow in accelerating. When I spoke to the local Datsun performance shop, he referred to the 260z motor as boat anchor. He basically said that it won't be easy getting power out of these motors, and not worth the effort to even try.
  5. Installed the dash this weekend. Overall, it's a great fit and had no issues with the fitment. I have to say, this is a high quality reproduction. The wiring was all labelled before I removed the dash, so it was just a matter of plugging it into the right connectors. While I had the dash out, I also installed the power steering unit and wired this up. Double checked all my connections and wiring and fired up the car. Everything worked including the power steering. So this had been a very productive weekend. Next weekend I'll complete the centre console, trim and install the bluetooth amp.
  6. I would be interested in a 260z/280z set if they do come up with them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. GPS sensor should also work for you. I have the power steering kit from Silver Mine and in the product description, they provide a link on using the sensor as an alternative to the speedo potentiometer. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273893193044 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Thank you! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. From Silver Mine motors Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. I’m about to start my power steering install and looking over the wiring. One of the wires needs to be connected to the engine RPM (blue wire). I’m assuming this can be tapped into the back of the tach gauge, is this correct? I checked the wiring diagrams on the 260z and it looks like the blue wire from the harness, which is the red/black on the gauge itself. Before I start, just wanted to confirm. If anyone can chime in, that would be appreciated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Nice. Where did you find the replacement hoses?
  12. Just finished transferring the components from the old dash to the Vintage Dash pad. It was a bit of work, but I took my time and took lots of pics along the way to help me with the reassembly. Overall, I'm very happy with the end result and can't wait to install this back in the car. Will do this once the weather gets a bit warmer. A few thing to note for anyone that's taking this route: Read the treads above for the folks that have installed this already, they provided some great tips that helped with the install. I had to trim the back of the speedo and tach part of the dash, it was way too tight and there was a small lip of dash foam. I trimmed this with an exacto knife, about a couple of mm, and was able to fit the gauges in. This is fully covered by the gauges and not visible. There is a small gap on the top part of the Amp/Fuel gauge. From a sitting angle, this should not be noticeable. There are 21 screws that hold the frame to the dash pad. Some of the metal attachments on the dash pad are covered by foam, you should remove this with a blade before you install the foam. This will allow you to find the holes for the screws when the frame is on. I ended up putting 20 out of the 21 screws from the frame. The one above the cigarette lighter was difficult to attach, was not able to locate this with the frame on. I said screw it, and did not bother with it. There are already 20 screws and its already well fastened. For the hoses, I added some tape to the plastic ends for the small hoses, and some thin weather stripping to the large hoses. This provided a solid seal, the current ones were very loose. Hope this helps and good luck!
  13. Correct, picked up the kit from Silver Mine when they had it for $900 back in November. Will finally get a chance to install it. And thanks for the tip, my plan is to tackle moving the components from the old dash to the new dash this weekend.
  14. Thanks for the information in this thread, and Dave for the videos. Took my dash out over the weekend, took about an hour, and this was taking my time. While I have this out. Will be upgrading the stereo and adding power steering. :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.