IGNORED

Ebay shipping time machine

So, I went to buy rear rubber rear mats for the new family car we recently bought and they were $56.  When I went  to check out the shipping was $236 for normal UPS shipping. Everyone is backed up and not they’re raising rates to ludicrous amounts to curb demand,    Needless to say I didn’t buy the floor mats , so their tactic worked,    Hope you all get your gifts on time this year.   I still have stuff waiting for delivery and I’m getting nervous.  

LOL  !! 

Well if those are the my two choices, I'm much better at lurking in the background and saying bunches of words that in the end really mean nothing at all. I can say lots of stuff without ever being able to be pinned down on any of it. Kinda like Teflon.

I can also interpret and defend pretty much anything. Your Highness is like a stream of bat wizz.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain Obvious said:

LOL  !! 

Well if those are the my two choices, I'm much better at lurking in the background and saying bunches of words that in the end really mean nothing at all. I can say lots of stuff without ever being able to be pinned down on any of it. Kinda like Teflon.

I can also interpret and defend pretty much anything. Your Highness is like a stream of bat wizz.

Sounds like you would make a great politician.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But seriously though, the way the large bills like that are done is a problem. Lots of pages, not enough time to dig down into the details, and people sticking things they want into it and saying "well if you want this other stuff, then you'll have to agree to this stuff too."  It's an antique problem.

For example... The stuff on the previous page that people are complaining about now has been around for a long time. I didn't read the whole thing, but it looks like most of it al stems from the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961. So it sounds to me like the people complaining about this stuff (now all of a sudden) have had about fifty years to read it and do something about it.

They cherry pick plausible sounding sections and twist them to support their opinion and then tell you that you should agree with them. It has to be plausible sounding or it wouldn't work. It has to be close enough to the truth to sound good or it wouldn't work. But it's all twisted misleading facts. Alternate facts. Propaganda. Both sides do it.

So I don't know what the answer is, but the first thing to do is to stop being told what your opinion is.

Shut the sound on the TV off. I give more credence in what they're willing to put into print than what comes out of their mouths. There's still slant to one side or another there, but not as much as the words they speak. If they're confident enough in what they want to tell me, they'll write it down.

And most important of all? Stop getting your opinion from people on twitter or facebook or websites.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Shut the sound on the TV off. I give more credence in what they're willing to put into print than what comes out of their mouths. There's still slant to one side or another there, but not as much as the words they speak. If they're confident enough in what they want to tell me, they'll write it down.

And most important of all? Stop getting your opinion from people on twitter or facebook or websites.

I agree with that 100%. Those news anchors are acting harder than movie stars. I like reading myself, too.

• Like 1

At least they are getting economic and social development done somewhere.  It's just crazy-town folks.  Don't spend too much time trying to make sense of it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/24/pompeo-us-consulate-western-sahara-450371

"Pleased to announce the beginning of the process to establish a U.S. consulate in Western Sahara, and the inauguration of a virtual presence post effective immediately!" Pompeo tweeted Thursday afternoon. "We look forward to promoting economic and social development, and to engage the people of this region."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Sahara

Its surface area amounts to 266,000 square kilometres (103,000 sq mi). It is one of the most sparsely populated territories in the world, mainly consisting of desert flatlands.