IGNORED

31K Miles Series I 240Z Up for Auction on BaT - Over $100k on First Day!

lonetreesteve

13 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Real on right (Thanks @kats)

Left is badly painted or fake; too much chrome showing.

Are those both from the video?  In the video the front passenger cap is not the same as the rear.  Actually, maybe just the right front is "real", by your comment. 

Nit nit nit...  Such fun.

image.png

image.png

19 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Are those both from the video?  In the video the front passenger cap is not the same as the rear.  Actually, maybe just the right front is "real", by your comment. 

Nit nit nit...  Such fun.

I agree.. who knows.... for only 30k there has been a lot of things lost or poorly replaced.

4 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Real on right (Thanks @kats)

Left is badly painted or fake; too much chrome showing.

image.pngimage.png

What's more interesting about what you're showing is "how did they get on this car?".  The fakes/repro's probably weren't available in 1981.  The car went in in 1981 then came out and went to Malamut "Museum" in 2002.  And, apparently, is still there, Wob seems to be selling the car for Malamut.  There is no real seller after Malamut, it's all Malamut.  Wob is his agent.  And Wob says he has known the car since "Day 1".

So, one of those two parties must have added something to the car that went into storage in 1981.  People are right to be suspicious, some things are not 100% transparent here.

6 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

And, apparently, is still there, Wob seems to be selling the car for Malamut.  There is no real seller after Malamut, it's all Malamut.  Wob is his agent.  And Wob says he has known the car since "Day 1".

Pretty sure this is not Mike's car.  I saw the owner, he was 'youngish', I would say mid 40's.  Although, he probably knows Mike well since they are in the same region and the car was in Mike's museum.  I am pretty sure that I know Mike's show cars.  Mike has S/N HLS30-00222 which is far superior to this one.