IGNORED

The blue 510

grannyknot

9 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Man, that thing is gonna move.    :excl:

Some guys put V8's in these things:blink: The KA24DE is a sweet little engine, 2.4L 155hp, 160lbft torque, of course it's not going to sound as nice as an L24.  The engine I'm using is basically stock but with some port&polish on the head. The 510 is only about 2100lbs so it will be fun car to drive and at least keep up with Hwy traffic.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Some guys put V8's in these things:blink: The KA24DE is a sweet little engine, 2.4L 155hp, 160lbft torque, of course it's not going to sound as nice as an L24.  The engine I'm using is basically stock but with some port&polish on the head. The 510 is only about 2100lbs so it will be fun car to drive and at least keep up with Hwy traffic.

It won't be long and you'll have an X6 motor in one. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 6:59 PM, Patcon said:

That's really amazing, I assume all hand made...

Sorry, didn't see this, yes all by hand, English wheel and bead roller.

Oops, I accidentally let some of the magic smoke leak out of the electrical system.  I got the Can-am box wired into the ECU, I hadn't installed the 60amp fuse yet but wanted to quickly check to see if all the connections were correct.  Bad call!  The plastic coating on the 12ga wire vaporized before I could disconnect the power, seems I didn't notice the short between the 12v+ fastener and the housing.  

I thought for sure I would have to order a new relay unit but after correcting the problem (that nut is now where it's suppose to be, under the board) everything is working perfectly :victorious:

14" wheels aren't the easiest to buy tires for but with @zKars advice I found these Falken AZENIS RT615k  195/60/14 and ordered 4,  looking forward to trying these out, made in Japan.

The electrical system is almost finished, just a few more gremlins to chase down before I can pull the driveline and mount it on the rotisserie.

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG