IGNORED

Blower Motor Upgrade - Not a Honda

jfa.series1

11 hours ago, arcdef said:

Hi All,

Can you confirm if this is the right motor? We didnt get the 1999 model in the UK and this looks the same except it has some kind of hose coming off the back also?

Ebay

Thanks!

Kia used the same blower in many different models and years. I have seen many with that hose to circulate air over the electric motor. You can modify your blower box to use it or block it off. Here's a picture of the Kia blower I installed in my 260Z (Goldie) all those years ago and a picture of a spare Kia blower that I have. I think most of the guys doing the swap lately have just bought them new from the dealer. Maybe Amazon... (edit: Yup, Amazon has them...)

20191230_140626.jpg

20191230_140751 (2).jpg

Edited by cgsheen1

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I had a question for y’all. I’m in the process of adding air conditioning to my 77 to 280Z (did not come with air unfortunately) I have tracked down all the dash components for a factory set up and going to go after market under the hood. With that being said my question is for the fan blower upgrade is do you still have to have the resister for the upgrade? I have an a/c and sub harness and according to the FSM you also need to change out the resister when adding a/c. But if I do the blower upgrade is that still required or does the new blower come with it? Does that make sense I know it’s kind of confusing. Here’s a pictures from the FSM about changing the 5330e105846f4597ed17658a6d70d766.jpg
resistor. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Oilking53 said:

Hello everyone, I had a question for y’all. I’m in the process of adding air conditioning to my 77 to 280Z (did not come with air unfortunately) I have tracked down all the dash components for a factory set up and going to go after market under the hood. With that being said my question is for the fan blower upgrade is do you still have to have the resister for the upgrade? I have an a/c and sub harness and according to the FSM you also need to change out the resister when adding a/c. But if I do the blower upgrade is that still required or does the new blower come with it? Does that make sense I know it’s kind of confusing. Here’s a pictures from the FSM about changing the 5330e105846f4597ed17658a6d70d766.jpg
resistor. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The resistor is bolted inside the big metal fan housing and is not part of the blower motor itself if memory serves.  It looks like a curly wire resembling a pigs tail - you can't miss it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SteveE said:

SteveJ    Do you have a source for the connector that plugs into the blower?   I have the wire and pins to make the pigtail.  Would like to source the connector.

Thank You

Steve E

The connection to the blower will need this connector: http://www.vintageconnections.com/Products/Detail/79

2 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

The connection to the blower will need this connector: http://www.vintageconnections.com/Products/Detail/79

Actually depending on the year, some of the blower motors connectors are already what we need.  Some come with a "T" shaped connector and some look like a wall outlet plug ( I I )

• 1 year later...