IGNORED

Polar Vortex

psdenno

1 hour ago, rcb280z said:

Yeah but the rains are coming. It thunder stormed here all morning. It was in the low 60's though. 

Yes, that's right.  But, there's an 11,000 foot mountain about a block from my house that will keep most of that rain out of the desert.  We're heading to our place in the mountains tomorrow, so will probably be shoveling some snow.

Looks like the Polar Vortex is winding down and Chicago will have temps in the +50º range in a couple days.  Crazy weather!

Stay warm & dry.

Dennis

23 hours ago, Namerow said:

minus 42F + wind.  7 AM.  Top of Eagle chairlift, 8000' asl, Lake Louise ski area, Alberta.  Mid-1970's.  And I was just starting my workday.  Not that brave anymore.

I'm not sure "brave" is the operative word.

As I get older, I rely on my stones less and my brain more. That might apply in this instance too. B)

The issue for me is when my stones get that cold, my brain doesn't work so well.

I can only imagine going through what those poor folks in the upper Midwest just dealt with. It's been unusually cold here near Philly, but I consider myself lucky compared to Chicago. I shouldn't complain.

From what I hear, we're almost out of it.

Love the pic of the cold double D's.  LOL  Colder than a witches something... Can't remember how that's supposed to end.

• Haha 1