IGNORED

[2019] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Finally got the 240z out for a car show this morning and and found a rodents nest behind the seat in the middle of the car towel.  I can't think of any other entrance to the car except the fresh air vents on either side of the radiator and they are covered with 12mm sq. chicken wire, that's smaller than a sugar cube.  Where could the little buggar be getting in?

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

Pulled all (except roof liner) trim and carpets and sound proofed Z. Probably added 10-15kgs.

With windows up it feels 3 times quieter. Quite amazing how noisy these panels were when knocked - spare wheel horizontal section, wheel houses, shock towers, trans tunnel, floor pans and body panels. I tried to only apply as much as required rather than covering the whole thing. Firewall was OK but got a couple of sheets for good measure especially next to trans tunnel next to where exhaust would reverberate.

Floors already done by PO but quite thin MLV so I added more and covered with 3mm sticky backed closed cell foam on top, then carpets. Feels positively Audi like ;). You realise how loud it was inside before - when you wound windows down there was little difference before! Now it’s like someone whacked the volume knob up! Also bass from radio is now way deeper and audible over exhaust note! Very happy!

Rear deck area will get 20mm closed cell foam under carpets for good measure soon!

62b1787ecaef717171b391e5b4f55bb9.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/8/2019 at 4:59 AM, 240260280 said:

I read that those stinky smelly "dryer sheets" or "Irish Spring" soap keep them away.

I read these keep them away so I bought one and what I read was absolutely correct. They are horrible here and jeez louise do they have abnormaly huge balls! I don't know how they can climb so fast with those between their legs.

29115259_1m.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Finally cleared off the Z work bench after 2 years of "catch all junk bench'.

Now to use it for a Z. :bunny:

20190721_162555.jpg

Unless it's a diecast or plastic model, I don't think a Z is going to fit on top of that bench.

• Haha 1