IGNORED

You got Trump, May, Macron, et al... we have Trudeau

9 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

The problem is our systems that reward big egos.

I've been selling a few things on facebook.com, trying to de-clutter.  Good luck with that huh?

Anyway I read something that was written by a 15 year old apparently but it made some sense to me.  Let's see if I can recall the phrase, "the faker you are the bigger your circle, the realer you are the smaller your circle".  I got a kick out of that.  Looking at my phone, the RECENT CALLS goes like this, MOM...WORK...DAD...MOM...MOM...PAPA JOHNS.  That's a whole weeks worth. LOL

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Survival of the fittest squeaky wheel.

Affirmative political correctness: It is much easier to be the best than it is to be selected for being the best.

I was at a party on Friday where I met a west African who was celebrating her Canadian residency approval with her girlfriend.  She told me about her funded research into the feelings of gay men who are offended by a blood donor questionnaire that highlights the risk of HIV.   No we were not smoking anything... it is truly a strange world nowadays.

THere's a huge correlation and causation there so it shouldn't offend anyone. Certain ethnicities, races etc have a predilection for systemic conditions. You wouldn't be a good doc if you didn't address them.

18 hours ago, lordkarma88 said:

It's OK, I'm in Texas, the freeest of states under the star spangled banner emoji41.png

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Have you seen how the counties on your southern border have voted in recent years...? You're also getting a lot of folks moving there from California..

• Like 1

Have you seen how the counties on your southern border have voted in recent years...? You're also getting a lot of folks moving there from California..

You're right, I'm afraid we might get overrun... But in the meantime, we're still freeeeeeee *insert eagle noise* (I forget what it's called, screech maybe?) [emoji16]

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I guess once we stop putting spoiled rich kids into office, our countries may stand a chance. 

Why would any good sane individual run for public office and step up for the abuse of you and your family to run for a job that pays $150k to 400k. There are a lot of easier ways to make money. If you're honest and don't intend to abuse the system there's no money in it! Why would you step up for that and have people accost your wife or kids in public. Drag people up out of your past that may or may not be telling the truth. The system is built to protect itself now. It's a leviathon that wants to be fed. Don't get in the way or you might look like a meal!

Rich kids have the connections to keep a lot of this off of themselves. When was the last time you saw a newspaper run a crushing ad on a car dealership. They don't because that is one of their main sources of ad revenue. :tapemouth:

• Like 3

I feel worried for my kids ( 22 and 28), for what they have to deal with . And that’s from every side. Liberal, conservative , it doesn’t matter. There is other issues like global warming , a smaller more connected world, and many other things that our unconnected , ignorant bliss life didn’t have to deal with at their age. The times - they are a changing ( confusing) - sing along. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Patcon said:

Why would any good sane individual run for public office and step up for the abuse of you and your family to run for a job that pays $150k to 400k. There are a lot of easier ways to make money. If you're honest and don't intend to abuse the system there's no money in it!

I think politicians are a different kind of breed,  a personality type that includes arrogance, narcissism and above all fluid morals/ethics.  There are lots of people that go into politics with good intentions, they try their best but find they can't accomplish anything unless they play the game. So ultimately we end up with a group of people to vote for that are worst possible candidates to become a leader.

• Like 3

Just now, grannyknot said:

I think politicians are a different kind of breed,  a personality type that includes arrogance, narcissism and above all fluid morals/ethics.  There are lots of people that go into politics with good intentions, they try their best but find they can't accomplish anything unless they play the game. So ultimately we end up with a group of people to vote for that are worst possible candidates to become a leader.

Yes, I would agree with that

A politician that doesn't play the con game, to the detriment of the people, will find themselves alone and out of office. I genuinely think there are people who go into office wanting to make a difference, but find that nothing gets done in government without kickbacks, pushbacks and compromises. It eats at you slowly until you're no longer that person that wanted to truly make a difference. How many of these people start out with a net worth of a few hundred K and are now worth tens if not hundreds of millions.

• Like 1