IGNORED

[2018] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Looks great Jaymanbikes, but I’d raise the track on that garage door. You know the science of impenetrability ( two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time)! ?

Edited by Diseazd

1 hour ago, Diseazd said:

Looks great Jaymanbikes, but I’d raise the track on that garage door. You know the science of impenetrability ( two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time)! ?

I have a really high ceiling, I thought about having the door raised so  that I don't have to back the car onto the ramp when I park something underneath.  The problem is, I have two large hanging storage racks that I don't care to give up and would have to be removed if the garage door is raised.   With that in mind my solution is to put a stop pin on the lift mechanism so that the car wont go high enough to hit the door.  I really just need it to go high enough to get the other car underneath + about 10" extra which is what I have. I may change my mind later but for now, I will run with it this way.  I have room in my garage for the cars to be side to side but then I have to pull one out to have room to work.  This configuration give me work space and no more rolling around on my back for things like clutch swaps etc!   

I get a lot of questions about the lift so here are some answers to FAQ's...   Brand:  Titan XLT, there is a shorter lower version this is the big one  Cost:  About $2200  Mounting info:  Does not have to be lagged into the concrete it is free standing and comes with casters so it can be moved.   Options:  Comes with (3) Drip trays (1) Jack Tray.   The Jack Tray allows you to lift the car off its wheels with a bottle jack.  Extra trays are $140.

Titan also sells rolling jacks that fit in between the runways, these are super handy but are about $700 each.  .  There are many brands that are similar to Titan with the same options.  I purchased this brand because I have a customer who is the master dealer and buys products from my company and I wanted to reciprocate.  

• Like 1

FPR (Made in Italy) arrived from Redline Fuel Management along with 280z rad hoses and rad cap.

Picked up some big glass bottles with sealing lids to conduct wintergreen experiments. (Rock hard fuel filler neck with be experiment #1).

Not much time with the 280z.  Moved it to make way for maintenance work on Ridgeline, Insight and S2000.

Cleaned up the garage and pulled Gnose, rear spoiler, metal patch panels, and 280z HVAC stuff.

Boxed some stuff to ship to good friends.

31800.063-2.jpg

Edited by 240260280

21 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Did you use the same cam as before?  I think it's you that has the same cam as I have. Mine is still in the box though. Planning on an E31 but have access to another N42. Anticipating your experiences. Cliff

I am thinking of Moelk, we have the same cam kit. Sorry.

52 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I am thinking of Moelk, we have the same cam kit. Sorry.

Don't recall what you guys have but mine is his 260-70F grind. My N42 block with N42 head does not have the compression

to run anything more aggressive.

• Like 1