IGNORED

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built by Jeff

This is an older photo of my kit that came with the same fuel pipe. The copper tubing is grafted to the end of this pipe and goes to the fuel return line.

In my case the triple pipe is flipped to be fed from the rear as my tank line is routed to the firewall instead of the stock front location.

el1.9-30-6cr.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HS30-H said:

@Patcon@240260280  Have you never seen the factory triple-outlet fuel pipe before?

17520-E4620 was offered as a Nissan Sports/Race Option part pretty much from the beginning, and is still available today.

Here's an example from 1971:

KuVagz.jpg

I hadn't ever seen it. It is a nice clean solution and appears to have no return line provided.

On 12/29/2018 at 5:14 AM, 240260280 said:

btw a fuel pressure from 2.5psi to 3.5psi is fine. Don't go over 4psi or it may overwhelm the floats ability to hold it back.

@Home Built by JeffA note on the K&N pump you have. I've been running it for over a year now without a pressure regulator on my SU's with no trouble. MSA sells this pump and says that you don't need a regulator with it.

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic17a09/11-3078

The pump isn't exactly what I'd call quiet, but with my 6to1 headers, 2.5" exhaust with

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=10426

as a resonator and

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=13216

for the muffler you can't hear it once the motor is started.

1 hour ago, w3wilkes said:

@Home Built by JeffA note on the K&N pump you have. I've been running it for over a year now without a pressure regulator on my SU's with no trouble. MSA sells this pump and says that you don't need a regulator with it.

I am installing the pump today and that video will be out tonight. Are you running yours with a return or not? I have ordered a regulator anyway, so wee will see how it all comes together.

I do run the return. When it's cold out and the car is cold I will turn on the ignition so the pump will pressurize the system, say maybe 5 - 10 seconds. Makes the car easier to start. Don't know how cold you get there in July - August, but here today's hi was -1.11C (30* F). We do occasionally get 7.2 - 12.7C (45 - 55*F) December - March that are good driving days. I would still have to crank 2 to 5 seconds to fire. Don't know if the 3 deuces are easier / the same / or harder to start in the cold. 

3 deuces is a term from a song by Ronny and the Daytona's called "Little GTO" back in 1964 about the first Pontiac GTO's that had 3 2 barrel carby's. The GTO was pretty much what started the American muscle cars through the rest of the 60's and into the 70's until the oil embargo when they fell out of favor due to mileage and then pollution control requirements. What a fun time to grow up.

• Like 1

Dear jeff, don't worry about the return right now, if you can make it it work, great, if not no sweat.

Fuel pressure should be kept bellow 5psi, 3.5 for the street is more then required. go ahead and try it without the reg, Manufacturers do not always "tell the truth" a 6 psi pump can easily translate to 4 psi in real life.

You will have more then a fun time tuning it for the street, good luck with that. Hoping for you it will not be an (overly) costly project.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 240260280 said:

@HS30-H @kats

Hi Guys,

Is there a Mikuni-optimized fuel rail?  The one below seems to have the 3 ports aligned with the Weber inlets (trailing throat) rather than the Mikuni (leading port)?

image.png

Since Mikuni-Solex PHH carbs came in top-inlet, right hand side-inlet and left hand side-inlet form depending on exact model, the factory E4620 triple carb fuel supply tube might be considered universal...

The 40PHH carbs in the above photo (that's my G.P. Maroon Fairlady 240ZG) were originally part of a period Sanyo Kiki 'Sanyo Sports Kit',  and I simply added curved soft fuel lines to join up with the triple carb rail. Works perfectly well.

• Like 1