IGNORED

Fairlady 432 at Auction

gundee

36 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Is $250,000 too high?   For a regular 432 one could do similar by purchasing an excellent L20 Fairlady Z for well under $100k and put in a OS Giken for ~ $70k

image.png

Maybe you can start a little side business to tell art galleries that they don't need to buy those Rothkos, and that you'll knock them up something similar at a fraction of the price...?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 240260280 said:

How about doing tribute 432R's using LHD mules... very unique... and as valid.

"As valid" as what?

Any replica/tribute/'phantom' project is fine by me. But you are - once again - missing the wider point. The Real Thing always demands a premium.

Does somebody buy one of these cars when they actually would have settled for something completely different? Are there people out there who can easily afford a Michaelangelo - and actually want one - but who say 'Nah! I'll get a dot matrix printed copy instead'..?

Where were your pithy comments about the so-called "Franklin Mint" car? I would have thought that if you need any of this explaining to you it's too late. It's already gone over your head.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 2:03 PM, kats said:

Hi , a 1970 Z432 , PS30- 00243 is now on Yahoo Japan auction.

That's a beautiful car, love the detail of it. There is a link to an album with more photos and a video of it too. S20 sounds beautiful. I really like the sound of it compared with a more simple L-series engine.

I get the same feeling looking at the S20 as I do when I look at my RB26, I just feel they are a very special engine, it's kind of hard to quantify it, but it's the look, sound, smell and simple/yet complex nature of these motors and their excellent engineering that draws me to them.

Safari Gold is quite rare for a Z432 isn't it? I have that optional lower lip (rubber/urethane lip) sitting in my garage and the headlight covers. But the lip actually belongs to a friend in North America and I've been gently prodding him to sell it to me. I went all the way down to Wollongong 1 weekend and back to collect it for him a couple of years ago and haven't seen another for sale since then. It's a beautiful piece compared with the fiberglass copies.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

That's a beautiful car, love the detail of it. There is a link to an album with more photos and a video of it too. S20 sounds beautiful. I really like the sound of it compared with a more simple L-series engine.

I get the same feeling looking at the S20 as I do when I look at my RB26, I just feel they are a very special engine, it's kind of hard to quantify it, but it's the look, sound, smell and simple/yet complex nature of these motors and their excellent engineering that draws me to them.

Safari Gold is quite rare for a Z432 isn't it? I have that optional lower lip (rubber/urethane lip) sitting in my garage and the headlight covers. But the lip actually belongs to a friend in North America and I've been gently prodding him to sell it to me. I went all the way down to Wollongong 1 weekend and back to collect it for him a couple of years ago and haven't seen another for sale since then. It's a beautiful piece compared with the fiberglass copies.

Would love to see pics of the optional lower lip. 

30 minutes ago, hiyabrad said:

Would love to see pics of the optional lower lip. 

Same as this 1. I can get photos of the 1 in my garage if you want, but it's all dusty ?

ofes8z2a0yr6k.jpg

Can only just see it below here.

i-img1200x900-1575501625ff0nyj70604.jpg

and at front here.

i-img1200x900-1575501113vrzrh672568.jpg

I believe it was common on UK spec cars.

prujswt5meiz8.jpg

• Like 2

Here are some pictures of PS30-00187 , the most famous Z432-R . Mr. Takeuchi add this front spoiler which was euro standard equipment at some point in the past .

I visited a craftsman with Mr. Takeuchi , the craftsman was doing and almost finished restoration of this Z432-R several years ago. 
I took some pictures , you will see the spoiler clearly.

Kats

37719C77-0534-431D-B4A1-70317360E8AB.jpeg

D5FC1E11-5B54-4DE1-98EF-0AB105C74EE7.jpeg

D61A33AA-31B3-4305-B1D7-A1CF36B55859.jpeg

• Like 2