IGNORED

[2016] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

You're right Cliff.....all the cars have modified L28 motors except the silver 73 (it has a modded L24). The numbers matching motors for each car are on the boxes plus one early L24 / E31 extra. There are two extra blocks up in the parts shed. You can never ever, ever have too many extra parts.B)

6 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

You're right Cliff.....all the cars have modified L28 motors except the silver 73 (it has a modded L24). The numbers matching motors for each car are on the boxes plus one early L24 / E31 extra. There are two extra blocks up in the parts shed. You can never ever, ever have too many extra parts.B)

I hated to speak out of turn but I keep up with my heroes and felt confident in saying what I said.:)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Matthew Abate said:

Holy crap!

emoji15.png

If you want a good running motor, read up on Dizeased man at Datsun Spirit Eliji I believe.   He has a solid build obviously, ie those five 240s.

Rebello is a name brand now, I've read a few unsatisfied reviews on his shop.  @Kurbycar32 was one.  I'd like to know how his money spent is working now.

I visited Rebello yesterday to get a tune up on my motor, just to double check my own settings and give the new motor a good once over.
The best way I can explain Rebello is gruff. He's a no bs kind of guy and that attitude can appear abrasive at times especially if you only talk to him on the phone. His actions are to provide good service and advice. Expect the motor build to take longer than expected especially if it's race season.
The motor is balls to the wall and this is the fastest car I've ever driven, including some exotics I had the chance to rent. I can't complain about the results. I should have replaced or rebuilt the harmonic damper with the motor and Rebello should have informed me of that but he probably assumed I was a pro. That was a combination of my ignorance and Rebello assumption.
On a personal level I hear Datsun spirit is a pleasure to work with and I would have considered buying my motor from them but Rebello is in my back yard so that tipped the scales in their favor.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Classic Zcar Club mobile app

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

If you want a good running motor, read up on Dizeased man at Datsun Spirit Eliji I believe.   He has a solid build obviously, ie those five 240s.

Rebello is a name brand now, I've read a few unsatisfied reviews on his shop.  @Kurbycar32 was one.  I'd like to know how his money spent is working now.

Eiji builds great motors with attention to detail. If you want someone to build you a nice motor, he'll do it. However, I build my own motors....always have and always will. Buying a motor someone else built is like adopting a kid someone else had the pleasure to produce. I like to touch and feel everything that goes into my motors. I did have the Z Doctor in Roanoke build all of my heads, but he's left us now, so I'll have to figure out where to go next. I do have one more Z Doc P79 modified head he built for me. Also just acquired a diesel crank, so my next motor may just be a stroker:rolleyes:

Could you direct us to dyno numbers for that build?  I know how happy you are with it and Jeff G 78, an auto engineer says it's the best all around. P79 modified,  .30 over flat tops in.an f54 block.

I'm about to, this fall, do a n42 combo with flat tops and going from efi to SUs on my 280.  See how that works out. Might do a cam swap while I'm at it.

I'll have to get a job with Clinton and Kaine to afford it. LOL

Cliff....If you go to my profile and look under topics, I have several engine build threads. The green 72 I believe was right at 170 hp at the wheels. That should be about 200 at the flywheel (give or take a few). There are dyno numbers in the thread for the P79 motor in the green 72. Eiji prefers the N42.....to each his own<_<

Guy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mike locked this topic