IGNORED

The sudden death of my closest friend Enrique Scanlon (EScanlon)

beandip

My thoughts and prayers to E's family. While we never met in person he provided so much telephone and email support to me while restoring 797.

He repaired my plastic radio and map light pieces last year so I will remember him fondly every time I drive the Z and look at these pieces.

E will be truly missed.

With caring thoughts,

Randy

Edited by mally002

Hi Deb,

Losing someone you care so much about is very hard. You have my deepest sympathies. I never met Enrique, but he was so giving with his knowledge that he saved me so much aggravation while restoring my zed that I felt I knew him. It's that way on this site...you meet people here that you consider your friends. That's what Enrique was ...a friend to all of us in the Z community. He will be missed, but remembered whenever we drive our old Datsuns. Peace.

Cheers, Mike

Never had the pleasure of meeting E, though we spoke on the phone fairly often. As is the case with everyone else here, the love of our cars brought us together.

Years ago now, I'd posted a pic of the aftermarket floormats that came in my zx; there was something in the coloring of carpet that caught E's attention, and he pm'd me about taking them off my hands even though they weren't for sale. As I wasn't using them, I shipped them off to WA and he put them to use in his beloved roadster.

Who knew such a simple thing-sharing a photo-would start a friendship that spanned years and timezones.

I'm sorry to hear of Enrique's passing. My thoughs and best wishes go out to his family.

Though I never met him personally, we probably contributed on a few of Z car threads over the years. We've lost a few good forum members over the years. I can still remember when Carl Stahlnecker (Bambikiller240), a familiar fixture here, died back in 2006.

God's blessings and welcome home, E.

Enrique was always quick to offer a hand whenever it was needed. He helped Toni and I with advice and assistance while restoring our 240z. More importantly he was a good friend. We spent many hours at car shows trading stories and drinking beer. He will be missed.

When I was new here, I believe my very first post was for Parking light switch which he was

after.That was in Dec 2002, I still remember he was excited about my offer and I was very happy

that I was accepted in this wonderful Z car community by him.

May you rest in peace , Enrique.

kats

So sad to hear, I wish E God speed, and all my thoughts and prayers to his family.

I was only privileged enough to have some PM exchanges with E after he hit me with infractions for going political, harsh language or pushing a point with another member. One exchange in particular, back in December of 2010 sticks out in my memory, we went back and forth about politics on the forum. E struck me as a fair minded man that was more concerned with where things would go rather than what has already been said or done. In our brief correspondence he earned my respect for the way he represented himself and explained his actions.

I feel like I lost a friend even though I never met or spoke with the man, Via Con Dios E……..