IGNORED

[2016] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

10 hours ago, siteunseen said:

280 is next but it'll be tomorrow morning due to the heat. I try and get started at daylight when it's in the 60s. By 10am its 80 degrees down here. Four hours of decent weather to work on them is enough for me anyway.

Put a large through the wall AC unit in the garage like a friend of mine did. Very nice for working on cars.

He goes, 'its only money'. lol.

17 hours ago, Fred Sigarto said:

I was parked in the garage area by the concession stand, closer to the pits. During the parade laps, checked out the Shelbys parked across the way. A friend of mine has a GT350, he used to Solo it and then had it restored in it's original color, lime green metallic. Sure enough it was JD, hadn't seen him in about 20 yrs. Only Pit Marshaled Sat couldn't make it Sunday

Always wanted a 66 GT350. If someone would like to get rid of theirs, I will trade them my L28 72 240 with spare rebuilt origional L24 bored .020, spare 5 speed, spare limited slip diff. Plus all my other spare parts. But thats never going to happen the way the prices have gone up on GT350's. I wish.

9 hours ago, Lumens said:

Put a large through the wall AC unit in the garage like a friend of mine did. Very nice for working on cars.

He goes, 'its only money'. lol.

I have a 12,500 BTU I'm hoping to put in the back window this weekend.  With a pedestal fan in front helping move the air it should work okay if I turn it on early enough and keep the doors down.  

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:39 AM, Zup said:

Nice shot with perfect stageing. What a beautiful line up of Z cars! The A&W and your car are nearly a perfect color match in that photo! Very nice!

Thanks Jim, we had no choice but to park very tight for that group shot at the end of the show as parking was limited, but it was worth it.  I was told that A & W recently went through a major renovation, I'm glad they didn't just tear it down. It's great when the older retro look businesses are preserved.

I brought my '71 home from the mechanic's shop where it had been for several weeks.  It was one of those "no hurry, work on it when you have time" projects.  He gave the Z a thorough going over, tightened everything that wasn't supposed to be loose, replaced a few parts, tuned the carbs, and it drives better than it has in years - especially without all the rattles creaks it had acquired.  Now it's time to get to work on installing the driver's side BMW seat and attaching headlight covers to a spare set of headlight pods that will eventually go on the car.

Dennis

I had put a straight edge on the stock exhaust manifold and found a lot of gaps. Badly warped.

Took it down to the machine shop and it now seats the best it has ever been. (Shown in previous photo.)

The other day I was wire brushing down the old MSA headpipe and found it very thin and many pin holes.

Down to the exhaust shop and had a new section welded in its place. I finally got the exhaust installed

and the car back on the ground. I need a car lift. I am too old for this. I hurt all over.

IMG_20160703_172747.jpg

34 minutes ago, Lumens said:

I am too old for this. I hurt all over.

I didn't realize I was old and out of shape until I did the work on mine this past year.  The exhaust re-do a week or so ago kicked my pansy a**.

It has at least motivated me to get in better shape. I have a weight bench in my den. LOL

1468003334500.jpg

• Like 1

• Mike locked this topic