jfa.series1's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

jfa.series1

Supporting Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jfa.series1

  1. It looks like there was more than one cover picture for the 12/20/69 manual. These are the manuals that came with my 12/70 car, purchased 03/71. The car on the cover of the Owner's Manual is lighter and has a different stance.
  2. I tried this upgrade years ago and while I did not have the problems you are seeing I did have one issue: my ammeter was non-responsive/dead! I reversed course and opted for a reman 60A Hitachi externally regulated alternator and new voltage regulator from Rockauto. All is well.
  3. This is the right side showing a round hole, another one down low. These are tha same on the left side with the hose. This is my OE radiator frame.
  4. Yep, two circular clips to secure the overflow hose. One about 1 1/2" below the top tank, one about 1" above the bottom tank.
  5. Refurbished 240Z license light. Disassembled, cleaned, refinished in the original factory grey, fittings and internal diffusers replated in clear zinc, new screws and nuts for the clamshell, new gasket, perfect lenses, new white LED's. Tested and ready to install. $150 includes standard domestic shipping. Payment via PayPal or Venmo. PM if interested, thanks.
  6. Depending in the condition of your tanks, there's nothing wrong with having your radiator re-cored. Then too, its all about the skills of the shop doing the work. My OE two-row became troublesome after just a few years of ownership and after several repairs I had it re-cored to a three-row. Still running it today with not a single repair and it holds up well to Texas heat.
  7. This site has an extensive database of auto manufacturer paint codes and their corresponding paint manufacturer codes. These are the codes that auto paint supply stores can use to look up the formulas for accurate paint mixes. https://paintref.com/index.shtml Example - here are the Nissan paint codes for 1970 Datsuns: https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?year=1970&con=y&make=Datsun&rows=50
  8. Your Nissan paint code 214 was used from 1974 through 1978. Here are the manufacturer paint codes. Take this info to an automotive paint store and ask them to check their computer to see if they have the formula on file. Some paint stores can make up a rattle can while liquid paint may only be available in a quart size or larger (big $$$). As an alternative, contact a touchup supplier like this one to see if they can match your color. Touchup pint is usually available in small brush on quantitites. https://www.automotivetouchup.com/
  9. Jeff, I am running my OE 4-screws, here are the locations of the return spring connections (yellow pencil): Front carb . Rear carb
  10. Check in with Jenny - https://junkyardjenny.com/
  11. Nothing is so sweet as the Symphony In Straight Six!
  12. Here's the MSA premium exhaust kit as of 15 years ago, a very nice bolt-up to the MSA 6-1 header. Sorry, no pic of the resonator install but it is welded in about 12" behind the flange connecting the exhaust pipe to the header. I installed the complete exhaust system, easy peasy! Every shop that has seen the underside is impressed with how easy it is to work with. Here's a pic of the pipe near the diff and suspension.
  13. @darom Here is the back half of a video. I live in an urban area, sadly no cool twisty roads to enjoy. This run is on a nearby toll road. My old GoPro has a port for an external mic, I attached it to the bumper just above the exhaust outlet. When I passed the semi and the RV I was running about 80 mph, 4,000 RPM. The sound is quite livable in the cabin. 50th Anniv. Clip.mp4
  14. The resonator is a unbranded stock model my exhaust shop carried. I do have a video from a local run I did on the car's 50th anniversary. I need to edit it shorter for posting. I attached a remote mic at the tailpipe to get the best possible sound capture. Stand by.
  15. Welcome to the group, that's a great looking shop. You'll not find a more knowlegeable and suppotive bunch of owners and enthusiasts anywhere else on the interweb. Going foward, if you have questions regarding any of your project cars I recommend you provide the VIN and build date for the car in question. Nissan made a lot of mid-model changes and those details can help improve the accuracy of any responses.
  16. Great offer, thanks. PM sent.
  17. It sure looks like the correct part but there is a similar part on the type B transmission. Is it possible you have one from the later transmission? Thanks for checking this, much appreciated
  18. This is also called the reverse counter gear. If you have one I am interested. Thanks!
  19. I tried using the installation kit but was not satisfied with the fit. I ended up dropping the kit and putting a bend in the tang of the belt for a perfect fit against the tunnel.
  20. The pump motor does not produce suction, it depends on a gravity feed of the washer fluid. Check the attachment of the supply and output tubes to see if they are correct. Ask me how I know!!! 😉
  21. It is also called the reverse counter gear P/N 32220-78010. A small gear at the end of the countershaft, engages with the reverse gear. This particular gear is only in the early type A transmission, is different in later models. Any idea when you will know? I am about to close a deal on a core but can hold for a day or so. Thanks, Jim
  22. A couple of points on the MSA fuse block: When I bought it 15 years ago, it came with butt terminals for the high-amp wires - not the OE spade terminals. Also, the dimensions are different and the OE cover will not fit. Other than that I am well pleased with the part, it is a great upgrade.
  23. This link to MSA works for me: https://www.thezstore.com/product/4749/msa-fuse-box-long-pigtail-70-71-240z
  24. Keep in mind that stock control arm bushings have a definite front/rear orientation. If not installed correctly the suspension geometry will be off.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.