Question for internet/IT wizards - why foreign langauge? - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Question for internet/IT wizards - why foreign langauge?

Featured Replies

Today, I clicked on a link from a Google search that led to a foreign lanaguage version of Bring A Trailer. Now when I click on a BAT link in an email notification it comes up in this foreign language. What the heck is going on? Why am I being taken to the "ES" site? Is it AI? It seems to be happening in transition, after the click. I can see the url when I hover over the link and it doesn't contain the es.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

  • Author

Nope, I am fully exposed.

I did figure out one thing but not sure why it changed. My default language got changed to Spanish on BAT, when I clicked through from a GMail acct. Not sure why, it wasn't me. Took a minute to figure out, I didn't even know BAT had the option. Wonder why they chose just five languages.

image.png

Those five cover most of the Americas and Europe. I guess they're not worried about the rest, at least for now...

Just a guess, but it could have been a software update on their side and they accidentally selected the wrong default language for all users. After you selected the new language (when you're logged in) I doubt it will be a problem again.

Modifying a website for multiple languages is a PITA. These are probably the only languages they bothered to have added because of funding or development time/availability. I honestly don't know why anyone would install multiple languages on a website because there's software available to do it on the client side.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.