Original 1969 Datsun 240Z Owner’s Manual - Wanted - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content
Be cautious of scammers! If you are asked to send Zelle, Paypal, or even gift cards it is likely a scam. Be smart and talk on the phone and trade real photos. Check every profile and never do business with a member who joined less than 6 months ago.

Original 1969 Datsun 240Z Owner’s Manual

Featured Replies

WANTED: Original 1969 Datsun 240Z Owner’s Manual

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping someone on here might be able to help me with a very personal search.

I’m looking for an original Datsun 240Z Owner’s Manual from the very earliest period — specifically the 20 December 1969 issue.

My dad owned a 240Z when he was younger, and has had one restored about 16years ago, and for the best part of the last 15 years we’ve been going to classic car shows together with it. The 240Z has always been a particularly special car to him, and I’ve been trying to find an original owner’s manual from the period to complete the collection of memorabilia relating to the car.

I’ve discovered that the 20 December 1969 owner’s manual is particularly rare, and that there are apparently two genuine cover variants from that issue. I’m specifically looking for either of those originals.

I’m aware there are plenty of later 1970/71 240Z manuals available, but I’m not looking for a reproduction or later printing. Ideally I’m looking for:

  • Original OEM Datsun 240Z Owner’s Manual

  • 20 December 1969 issue

  • Either of the two genuine early cover variants (where you can see the headlights)

  • Original rather than a reproduction

I’ve already contacted specialist literature sellers and have been searching eBay and elsewhere, but so far I haven’t found the right one.

If anyone has one tucked away in their collection, or knows of someone who might be willing to sell one, I would be incredibly grateful if you could get in touch with me (HGT1996).

This isn’t for resale — I’m trying to find the final piece of the collection for my dad and the car. After so many years of going to shows together, it would mean a huge amount to finally have the correct original manual.

If you think you might have the right manual, please feel free to message me even if you’re not completely sure of the exact printing date. I’d much rather check an early manual than miss the right one because it was advertised simply as a “1970 240Z owner’s manual.”

I’m also happy to provide more information and photographs of my dad’s car privately if that would help.

Thanks very much in advance — any leads would genuinely mean a lot.

Harry
HGT1996

Harry,

Please post photos of the two (2) variants you have identified.

Thanks,

Keith

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.