IGNORED

Motorsport auto on my s**t list

Dreco

Their customer service sucks. I tried to get 1 little thing from them (rear end cover gasket), they shipped to the wrong address(an old address I used to have, I had since changed). I had to track it, they expected me to get Fed Ex to re-route the package, then never even offered to refund my shipping charges. The shipping error excuse was "the shipping address was changed in the computer, but for some reason the shipping label printed the old shipping address" I could have thought up a better one than that. Anyone had problems like this with Motorsport Auto??? Or am I over reacting???

I've done business with MSA for almost as long as they have been in business. I've never had any trouble with them.

Although, I will say, the service used to be a lot more personal before they got as large as they have. I used to be able to give them my name and all they would ask is which car I was buying parts for this time.....

Seems since it was their computer error they should make good.... computer is only as accurate as the "person" operating it and if they did admit that it was their mistake, even if it was a computer mistake, they should have been the ones to re-route the shipment.

I have had only one issue with them and it was a similar case. They shipped some parts to me last year but it went to an old work address that I quit some 6 years ago. They claimed it the last "ship to" address they had for me. I had specifically told to ship to my house (which hasn't changed in almost 9 years). I had also been receiving those periodical flyer mailings at my house. I couldn't see why they shipped to an old address.

Luckily, I had contacted them when my package didn't arrive when they said and they told me where it had been shipped to. And fortunately, I still knew people at my old work that could help arrange for me to pick it up, even though it 25 miles out of my way to go get it.

But I will continue to do business with them their prices are good (on most items) and they still have fairly good service with people that know and love the cars that we know and love.

On a side note: I ordered a carpet set from Too Intense Restoration and they shipped me a seat apholstery kit! I had already finished my seats so this was of know good to me. They corrected the problem at no cost to me, but I still had to wait another week for my carpet to get in.

I have now placed, and received, two orders from them and both times I was fortunate enough to speak with the same person who was EXTREMELY helpful and very knowledgeable (even told me to call him directly in the future). I have had no problems with them yet.

I agree with 2many, I'd make them eat the shipping since it was their error. Does not matter how or why it was their error, it WAS their's so they should make it right.

I've been buying from MSA for over 5 years and the service that I have received has varied from good service at a minimum, to superior service on the other end of the spectrum.

They should give you credit (back to your card, or store credit) for the shippng charges AND they should be the ones to contact FEDEX to solve the problem.

Call and ask to speak to Sal Perno, the manager of the store. He has always been fair and reasonable when I've needed help.

Good Luck Dave!

I too have had some less than positive experiences with them Mostly the service I get on the phone. One person in particular is the worst. I wont name names. Also, I agree they need some sort of computer update. my last order was delayed for 2 weeks because they were trying to charge an old credit card which of course declined it. They kep telling me they were waiting on the merchandise but then I get a call from their accounts payable dept and they accused me of trying to use a bogus card. I had given my new card number to them at least twice. I was p-o'd but their products are good so I am happy to have them there. I am just happy that I dont have to depend on them for anything...yet.

A while ago I made a purchase and was hoping to get a give away item with the purchase but missed the final date of the promotion. When I got my parts I was bummed. Later they emailed me a note letting me know that it was past the final date, too late, but they would be happy to still honor their promotion, so what size of Shirt did I want? the next day I was sportin their colors! I would say they are okay by me and took time to make me happy too.

Sorry about your mis-shippment, maybe the shipping guy had an extra beer at lunch and messed up the address. I know how important it is getting parts ontime! I count the minutes when UPS or Fed-X drives by!:paranoid:

I have had nothing but good dealings with them. Sure there were a few shipping errors...like the wrong part or somthing of that nature, but all were resolved to my satisfaction. BTW their old computer system started acting up.....like real bad....computer saying parts had been shipped on backorder items etc....affected alot of customers....MSA resolved all with swiftness. The "new" problems may be due to cutting their teeth with a newer system. BTW I have been doing business with them for over 10 yrs, including while I was stationed overseas. Overall a great company that will work with you.