IGNORED

what happens when safety comes last...

Dave WM

Dave, first glad your we not injured., second It made me laugh because you even warned us fuel was going to shoot out.  I’ve injured myself too many time in the garage.  Now now matter what I’m doing out the the first thing I do it put on my safety glasses.   Without my eyes I’m out of a job.   The guy I flew with this week recently became trapped under his car changing the brakes on his Acura MDX.  His foot was jammed under the brake rotor and he screamed for his son who was in the house to jack the car back up.  He forgot put a block on the back tire and because he was rushing and the car rolled back.   Anyways glad you were not hurt. 

• Wow 1

55 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

Dave, first glad your we not injured., second It made me laugh because you even warned us fuel was going to shoot out.  I’ve injured myself too many time in the garage.  Now now matter what I’m doing out the the first thing I do it put on my safety glasses.   Without my eyes I’m out of a job.   The guy I flew with this week recently became trapped under his car changing the brakes on his Acura MDX.  His foot was jammed under the brake rotor and he screamed for his son who was in the house to jack the car back up.  He forgot put a block on the back tire and because he was rushing and the car rolled back.   Anyways glad you were not hurt. 

When I have a car up on ramps/jack stands, the wheels on the ground always get chocked. As a matter of fact, when the wife guides me up the ramps, she chocks the back tire as soon as she hears the car go in park. I am pretty good about not rushing anything that I think can crush me.

• Agree 1

I do now after a simple oil change proved tomorrow isn't always the same as today. After using a floor jack to get under mine I went for the oil catch pan. My car rolled back and fell off the jack hitting the very front of the oil pan. I have a badly dented oil pan to look at the rest of my life thankfully.

• Sad 2

I try to be safe but sometimes just mess up. Lots of foreshadowing, Same as when I commented about the pikes peak cliffs. Anyway I got off easy and will try to do better in the future. 

Progress is slow on the turbo engine but steady. Got the AFM mounted to a perch and a good location for the Coil, Should be working on the wiring harness soon. 

This time of year is my busy season so fun tends to take a bit of a back seat. 

Edited by Dave WM
  • Like 2