IGNORED

AMCO Front Bumper Bar for '71 240Z

Robert Bohl

49 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

I had the same rack on my 73 Z but I put it on the drivers side.

Interesting, the Datsun dealership service department in my home town installed mine in '79 as pictured on the passenger side. I paid the outrageous price of $30 plus $24 for labor. Lol

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

So while out for a walk the other day and guy stops me and asks “are you the person with the 240”. He says he has a front bumper bar that he bought from the local dealer when they were getting rid of old stock in 1975, so I looked at it and bought it. It has never been installed and the chrome is in awesome condition. There is still a part number tag on it. Now to decide if I want to install it as my car has the rear one already.

IMG_0554.jpeg

IMG_0553.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

I vote NO...😬  As it only ads weight to a car and i much more like the clean look of the bumpers even without those ugly "bumperettes" ...

It does not belong on a "original" car as it was a typical usa dealer's addition..

But hey... it's your car, your decision! 🙂

That's like an air bag. It might help but it adds weight. LOL

• Haha 2