IGNORED

Zinc platers

Patcon

Hey [mention=32672]Av8ferg[/mention].... the parts look really great.
Do you know if they will work via shipping?
Would you mind providing contact info?
Also...how much prep did you do before delivering the parts to them?

Yes, I live in NC and shipped a box them. When I was in San Diego for work I located them and went by to check them out. Zero prep required but they won’t remove paint. Contact is at the bottom of my last post .
Here’s a link.

http://www.anocotemetalfinishing.com/home.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2021 at 6:32 AM, Av8ferg said:

I’ve used a place in San Diego that I’m pretty happy with. Turnaround was about a week. Prices are good. They charge by the hour and I’ve done two batches. Fist was about 13lbs and that cost me ~$210 with tax. I did a joint venture with Captain Obvious. I think the results were good, not perfect but very good. They didn’t lose any parts either. I actually walked into the place and watched thee process. They specialize in doing classic cars so they’re familiar with what people in the car hobby want. Here is the before and after of a few items. I had the do ALOT of bolts and nuts, they came out awesome. A note, I always take account of how a place looks to make a judgement of the type of management/leadership at a business. If it’s a mess and filthy with a bunch of dudes wearing nasty work clothes it can be an indicator. I use the same theory of restaurants. If the bathroom is a mess, imagine what the kitchen looks like . This place in San Diego was spotless, people were wearing matching overalls and the place was super nice for a plating business which you expect to be something from a Chinese slave labor camp. 8dc193f04626bef84e1530c5a0fe6d0f.jpg
030f1e9652f4c778cbe98a264c5880e0.jpg
82b118c8782d7ae0fa957b18d69d1970.jpg

Place is called Anocote Metal Finishing. 858-566-1015
Ask for Debbie and tell her you want Yellow Zinc plate .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used this place for my items. Way less money. They do smaller batches for automotive guys. Looked just as good.

https://staging.craftcoating.com/craft-industrial-coating/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can take the bushings out and plate them, but more important i wanted to say put the rubber in some washing powder and some hot water, leave it there for some days.. maybe take it out and scrub it a bit and put it in new mix of ordinary washingpowder and hot water.. the rubber rejuvenates very well most times!

I found this out in the time i restored a pinball machine, those rubbers were white (where the ball bounced against.) and after a lifetime they had thausands of little holes in them when stretched!  After a week in washing detergent they were as good as new!!

I must say the softer the rubber the better it works..

20211023_165924.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...