IGNORED

240 Taillight Panel

Jah240

Okay I walked down there. Mr Arnett and Az-240Z are both righter than me! My '72 has the smaller pins Mr Arnett said but no hex head bolts, 2 more small rivets. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

Top small rivets on the grey lip...

20210212_161015.jpg

Two behind the tag where they join together...

20210212_161232.jpg

I forgot to count but I'd say 8 total.

4 hours ago, Jah240 said:

Well thank you all for the speedy responses, but none of you have described what I have installed currently, which leads me to believe whoever had the car behind me just inserted some random metal rivets, I shall attach pictures later on since I have the car a storage, but it’s a metal rivet that has a hole in the center of it, I’ve also tried hitting the center with a nail resulting in nothing. Thank you again I shall post pictures in a few hours

heyitsrama answered your question in the second post. First of all you didn’t post any pictures of your metal rivets, but if you have metal rivets, the solution as mentioned in that post is simple. Drill the center of the metal rivet out with a small bit and your metal rivets will be gone. Then replace with the Nissan plastic rivets still available from Nissan. 

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Okay I walked down there. Mr Arnett and Az-240Z are both righter than me! My '72 has the smaller pins Mr Arnett said but no hex head bolts, 2 more small rivets. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

Top small rivets on the grey lip...

20210212_161015.jpg

Two behind the tag where they join together...

20210212_161232.jpg

I forgot to count but I'd say 8 total.

If you are a Nissan guy working to improve assembly line efficiency, it makes a lot of sense to change from using two different fasteners and two tools to using one style fastener and only one tool - probably a small mallet to drive the pins home.

• Like 1