IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

18 minutes ago, Johnz1971 said:

Photo shop?  

It must be fotoshop.. of the 240z striping and "240z" letter and numbers..

I think the owner was just looking with fotoshop how the "sporty lines " look on his car and unintentionally used those pics in the auction..

the wrong left side..

1972_datsun_240z_162921235895d565ef66e7d

The right RIGHT side..

1972_datsun_240z_1629212375e7dff9f98764d

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

It must be fotoshop.. of the 240z striping and "240z" letter and numbers..

I think the owner was just looking with fotoshop how the "sporty lines " look on his car and unintentionally used those pics in the auction..

the wrong left side..

1972_datsun_240z_162921235895d565ef66e7d

The right RIGHT side..

1972_datsun_240z_1629212375e7dff9f98764d

Those are the same photo. The top one has been reversed, and whoever did it also corrected the “240Z” on the poorly applied stripes.

Look at all the details in each photo. The wipers. The scenery, i. e. The trees and gravel. 

mirror image of the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Pretty shady, to go through all that effort and no be hiding something. Has anyone called him out on BaT? If not someone should. I might chime in a see what he says. Great observation Dutchzcarguy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suspect the explanation is nothing too nefarious... I'm thinking the photographer just screwed up and forgot to take a straight on left side pic and then tried to hide his mistake by mirroring the right side and photoshopping the decal. They shouldn't have done that, but I'm guessing it was something like that.

It's not like the left side of the car is all caved in or anything. There are other shots from the left that show it's OK.

Except for that exhaust.  LOL.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It's a Daughter selling it for her Mom whose husband apparently passed away from what I read. My youngest sister made similar mistakes selling my Dad's car on B.A.T. Her mother thought the car was worth $25K. After fees they got $13K. I got $0 and knew the car better than anybody except my Dad. But greedy women do stuff like that. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Pretty shady, to go through all that effort and no be hiding something. Has anyone called him out on BaT? If not someone should. I might chime in a see what he says. Great observation Dutchzcarguy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a very convincing response from the seller regarding the Photoshopped side view.  It's like the old joke about going to the doctor and he says, "You need an operation that will cost $25,000.  But, for $200 I can retouch your X-rays."  If BaT recommended the photographer as the seller said, he should be removed from the list and the seller should get a refund because of the doubt raised by fake photos in an auction.

Edited by psdenno
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Racer X said:

Wonder if there will be a flurry of bids right at the end?

The last bid was a $20,750 raise.  $47,250 to $68,000.  The guy looks like he's establishing a collector price, not trying to get a deal.  Wonder if he needs to hit a number for a tax break.  Kind of an odd bid.