IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

Once an insult shows up the rest doesn't matter.  That's what it boils down to, for me.  Maybe it's a cultural thing.  We have different values.  You seem to be saying that a person who contributes to a discussion gains the right to insult other people in a discussion.  The more they contribute, the more insults they're allowed.  That's just not how I work.  You're focused on the punch.  I'm saying that the turd is still right there where everybody can see it.  The punch is ruined.  Stop defecating in the punch bowl please.  It's pretty simple.  It just takes a small amount of self-control.  Read your post before clicking "Submit Reply".  Remove the insults.  I have written whole paragraphs myself but not posted them.  I knew that they would not advance the discussion, or add to the forum, whichever one I was participating in.  It takes some objectivity though.  It can be difficult. 

Good luck.  There's really not much more to say on this matter.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Zpenman said:

Off-topic, DC871F, did you happen to fly those rascals or are you just a fan of those great Douglas products?

I'm a professional pilot flying Boeings, but spent many years as an A&P mechanic on the DC-8 and DC-9s for a couple different airlines. I used to fly DC-9s, which was another fantastic Douglas product.

That's one tough airplane to work on, but have fixed many with a Leatherman.

Edited by DC871F
  • Like 4

On 2/24/2024 at 9:54 AM, DC871F said:

I'm happy to say this car is an unrestored example, other than a respray several years ago.

Well documented 50,000 mile car. Sat in storage most of its life.

IMG_20230509_142849049_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230924_165018374_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230924_165004704_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230527_181833338_HDR.jpg

Lovely Datsun 240Z, love the airport setting. Used to fly 727, 757 and 767 in a previous career for a defunct airline down under. Know lots of pilots that had 240Zs. Still have 4 240Z but build drones now that go bang or peep!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Once an insult shows up the rest doesn't matter.  That's what it boils down to, for me.  Maybe it's a cultural thing.  We have different values.  You seem to be saying that a person who contributes to a discussion gains the right to insult other people in a discussion.  The more they contribute, the more insults they're allowed.  That's just not how I work.  You're focused on the punch.  I'm saying that the turd is still right there where everybody can see it.  The punch is ruined.  Stop defecating in the punch bowl please.  It's pretty simple.  It just takes a small amount of self-control.  Read your post before clicking "Submit Reply".  Remove the insults.  I have written whole paragraphs myself but not posted them.  I knew that they would not advance the discussion, or add to the forum, whichever one I was participating in.  It takes some objectivity though.  It can be difficult. 

Good luck.  There's really not much more to say on this matter.  

This "insult" you refer to was simply an analogy for consistent belief held in the face of a mountain of evidence to the contrary. Hardly enough to spark an international incident, is it? 

Your post #2547 was far more divisive for the forum, and personally insulting. You are encouraging the taking of sides against people rather than against matters of opinion or the interpretation of historical anecdote. You have made absolutely no attempt at engaging on the actual subject being discussed. And all this when you can't even get my username right. 

A good look in the mirror might be appropriate at this time.    

35 minutes ago, SpeedRoo said:

Lovely Datsun 240Z, love the airport setting. Used to fly 727, 757 and 767 in a previous career for a defunct airline down under. Know lots of pilots that had 240Zs. Still have 4 240Z but build drones now that go bang or peep!

It's a nice car, I'm lucky to have it. It waited its entire life for me to drive it, and I do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

A 280ZX at PicknPull in Lynnwood WA.  With the rare 2.7 liter engine.  Looks like it still has the engine.  Might be worth a look for a parts picker.

https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/JN1HZ06S7CX430334

image.png

Might have a R200  3.5 or 3.9 ... both desirable today..  Might have a 5spd.. and who knows,might have a good running L-28....