IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Insulting people on a friendly forum is appropriate?

Apparently it's OK when you do it first. EG post #2547 on this thread. Not in any way hypocritical though, right?

And your Swift quote could be pointed at HS30.  Kind of funny.

Noted that you keep referring to me as 'HS30' rather than 'HS30-H', despite me pointing it out to you. Tic? Purposely passive-aggressive? Dyslexia? Whichever, noted (again). This is not the first thread that you've done it on, either. Curious, that. Are you perhaps a little... er, Special..?

The Swift quote is - I think - perfectly appropriate. It refers to Carl Beck who, despite the careful writings of Chief Engineer Hitoshi Uemura, chooses to believe advertising and sales-related flannel over hard facts and - yes - logic. Cognitive Dissonance, perhaps? 

Of course, the few of us who really get it love him just the way he is. Any kind of St. Paul-style Damscene volte-face would leave us bereft. He's our Wizard of Oz and we don't really want to see what's behind the curtain.

When I see that HS30 has joned a conversation (he never starts one) I know how it will go and how it will end.  It's just who he is, by his internet persona.

And, despite your half page, I don't know more about who HS30 is.  Overall, your reply kind of helps make my point.  A small group of people who value his opinions, for reasons unknown.  

Reasons un-imagined - let alone unknown - to you, Tonto. Ever thought of that? Probably not. 

Both @Gav240z and myself ('HS30-H', get it?) were active on this forum at least seven years before you pitched up. Maybe you need to do a little revision? A fair bit happened before you blessed us with your advice on the best spark plug gaps. Not that the technical advice isn't valued. Just that you might want to step away from the background Japanese historical stuff before you get into trouble. The water is a little deeper than you might expect.

I came across a funny article this morning.  That might be his voice...

Haven't you even got a M*A*S*H meme? Poor show.

Here's the thing. You seem more interested in me than the topic in hand. You have not made any attempt to address the differences between my* claims and those of Carl Beck. I'm talking about Z-related history, you're talking about me. By all means engage on the topic and refute my claims. I welcome reasoned debate. It is the very essence of the forum format. Think of me - if you don't already - as a messenger boy, sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill. Challenge the bill, not me. 

(*I say 'my', but I'm quoting Chief Engineer on the S30-series Z project Mr Hitoshi Uemura. A man whom I have met and conversed with in Japan several times on the subject. The words are - essentially - his, not mine).

Yes, the digression is off-topic and I have already agreed that it would be better if it was moved, but the best person to do that as far as I can see is @Mike and I defer to him if he wants to set up a new topic to address that. Meanwhile you've obviously got a hard-on for me. I'm flattered (*blush*).

Maybe you need to start a new topic too? One tip: Make sure to get my user name right. It's 'HS30-H', not "HS30". 

Actually, here's another top tip: For Full Effect (note those capitals) read my posts out loud in the voice of Stewie Griffin. Yes, loud. Wear a diaper too, perhaps? You're probably already half way there anyway, but give it a shot. Close the door so your mother doesn't hear you though. She might think you've lost the plot.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DC871F said:

I havnt looked, but is there a specific 240z thread discussing the topic at hand, which I think began with someone calling a car a series 1 or something. BTW, I own a 1/71 car, that was one of the last few made in the image of a 1970, I wont dare call it that forbidden name though.

Don't want to break a butterfly on wheel, but your post illustrates the problem that many of us outside the territory of North America have with the whole 'Series 1'/'Series 2' etc thing.

We might own '240Zs' that don't comply with the rubbery, blurred definitions of the terms. Not wanting to be confrontational or anything, but do you perhaps see where we might have a point? 

Time to move on... @HLS30 minus H, enough.  You had your points to make, and either you made them with the audience or you didn't.   Not saying you were wrong or right.  Nobody is attacking you now, and you've added some great info and perspectives/opinions, so thank you for the contributions, but its time to stop whatever battle you want to wage...or, as others have suggested, start it elsewhere and have at it.  Don't lose sight of why all of us love Z's and what this thread is about.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 2/24/2024 at 5:00 AM, Zed Head said:

And, despite your half page, I don't know more about who HS30 is.  Overall, your reply kind of helps make my point.  A small group of people who value his opinions, for reasons unknown.

Oh yes, my half page. Shame on me. Imagine taking time to share information and perspective? If you want to know more, maybe you could venture over to threads like this? Then you may understand the value of HS30-H's contributions here and elsewhere.