IGNORED

31K Miles Series I 240Z Up for Auction on BaT - Over $100k on First Day!

lonetreesteve

13 minutes ago, 7tooZ said:

Weird! The high bidder does 1 bid @ $111K and never commented or bid before. Then disappears? Did they know the reserve amount and make a safe bid?

I'll be interested to see if this car shows up somewhere else.

Greggers13 bid $110,000, up from $105,000 by dfwelite, and both let themselves get outbid by $1,000.  I think the comments started to stick.

The funny thing now is that, even though it was presented as an untouched survivor, it probably needs to be touched now.  It needs the refresh that people were saying it has already had.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Greggers13 bid $110,000, up from $105,000 by dfwelite, and both let themselves get outbid by $1,000.  I think the comments started to stick.

The funny thing now is that, even though it was presented as an untouched survivor, it probably needs to be touched now.  It needs the refresh that people were saying it has already had.

I know Greggars and mentioned to him to come see what was being said over here. He spent $40K earlier this year on BAT and is for real. He has the ability to own this car if he wants it. Probably hasnt written it off yet. Two other high bidders are questionable. Could they be hiding behind their new "handle" 

Nice to know folks really like these old cars. Personally I could never drive a car that expensive, heck I don't think I would drive something for a 1/4 this kind of money on the mean streets of central Florida. Its crazy time around here everyday.

2 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

I certainly don't feel bad.  I didn't like this car from the beginning.

BaT has an interesting feature where you can track sale prices over a number of years and the Datsun 240Z has a very distinct line of average sale prices to help you determine "the market".  Type in "Datsun 240Z" in the BaT search bar and you will get a graph.  Each bullet on the graph links to the actual listing.  What has sold in the six figures have been Vintage Zs and provinance Zs like the Franklin Mint Car.  Then there was the 300k car that is way out there in oddball land.  I think this no-sale was good for the market in that what The Guild said; once you get into the six figure area, it really gets nit-picky, and it should.

Nit picky yes, but I dont think any 240z should be in this realm as far as the money were talking about.

Am I missing something?