IGNORED

Nissan 400z Rumors

Mike

Yep, fender bulges but nothing else, no fake scoops, no weird character lines, is what I'm hoping for. Make it 'look' light at the very least. My JDM flares give that aggressive wide stance, although yes helps widen the track a bit. And please please keep the 6 spd manual as an option, or no buy here. The current 350/370 clutch take-up, though, is too high and vague, same as was in my G35.  That needs improvement. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 87mj said:

From what I can see, it still has a lot of 370z in it.  I had hopes that it would resemble the S30 but perhaps with fender flairs look that so many people seem to add to their 240z.  I really hoped they would keep the lines of the original S30 rear quarters.  Specifically, that line that runs along side the car.  It looks like that line is gone.  I thought it was going to be a 240 reborn but it looks like what it is.  The next gen 370.

It would not surprise me to see a lot of the mechanical aspects from the 370Z. It costs a lot of money to develop a platform, and it's difficult to make a business case for a low volume car these days. However, from what I can see from the video, they did blend in some good lines inspired by the original S30.

32 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

I had hoped a inline 6 would be used, they seem to be coming somewhat back into favor.

Very doubtful that you will see a straight 6 from Nissan. The Nissan engineers see a lot of advantages to the V6: compact packaging that gives a better front/rear weight distribution and better aerodynamics (can have a lower nose), less flex in the camshafts (That came from a question I asked at ZCON 2018), etc. Plus, with Nissan being strapped for cash, where would the straight 6 come from? 

I just hope there is no temptation for an I-4 version with or without turbo. (Does anybody remember the 99 concept?)

I guess the RB is too old to bring back, too bad. I-4 yuck that would be bad., I remember the gas monkey 2+2 had one of those, what a waste, I would take a L28 all day over a 4 even a modern tubro one for sound alone.

12 hours ago, Dave WM said:

I personally think the mid 90's TT 300zx is the best of them all

I agree!

13 hours ago, Dave WM said:

A little too busy in the cockpit, but body lines were perfect. I have often thought it would be nice to have one of those 90's era, but I like to work on my cars and that looks like no fun at all.

If you get one with low miles, you don't need to work in the crowded engine compartment,  the last 13 years (summers) i drove one and besides maintenance (not expensive) all it needed was a masterbrake cylinder revision because of a very small leak i didn't like..

On topic, i like this design (in the video) a lot more!! 

One thing that the teaser lacks if they were going for the retro look is the S30's hood shape.  It looks pretty well flat like the 350Z hood.  It needs the classic Z's center bulge to add some character and interest to an otherwise boring panel.  They got the side profile right, but missed one of the key styling points of the original.

Screenshot 2020-05-29 00.03.58.png

• Like 1