IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

My best friend pretty much went ballistic when I told him that's what I do (ignoring heavily leaning media).  At that time I had a discussion with him during which I illuminated the many, many ways the media feeds you what they want in order to control your thinking.  He got really mad.  I've always known it's a bad idea to confuse an issue by bringing up relevant facts. Facts are difficult to deal with, while supposition and postering are so much more entertaining.

Another friend chastised me a while back (2019?) bc I wasn't fully wound up calling for action when the Somalian refugees were seeking asylum.  At that time I explained that their plight was going to be improved by MY attention.  When I asked her a few days ago how were those refugees, she said she didn't know.  Right.

I pay attention to and help where I can for a lot of things, just not all the things dangled in front of me by the mass media.

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, ETI4K said:

Facts are difficult to deal with, while supposition and posturing are so much more entertaining.

Their own lawyers say you literally can't believe the facts they're are telling.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the "My pillow" crackhead could make money telling people to get vaccinated then the others would be civil and get their shots. This Delta variant is going to erase the progress we've made. The thing with it is it's affecting people's kids where the not so aggressive one was getting older people. God help us if your kid gets sick. That changes everything.

And oh my, what if our dogs can get it? They'll run out of vaccinations/syringes then. LOL

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have a big problem with the way the word "facts" is being used.

A fact should be a true statement. There are no "alternative facts" or "untrue facts", there are simply facts.  Those statements should be observably true in order to qualify as facts. 

Statements, assertions or opinions which cannot be backed up by evidence are not facts. They are assertions or opinions without proof. 

We know some things are facts. One of them is that in localities where vaccination rates are higher, the number of people catching the Covid virus is lower. We might debate why that is a fact, but it is not debatable because it has been observed and confirmed. 

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

No politics, focus on COVID didn't last long.

Just a bit of humor in a pretty serious thread..  😉

And to be clear, you have misquoted me.  I requested that we stop the bashing.  This is a forum that is open to all conversations, no matter which side you take on the subject.

Just my opinion, which is worth exactly as much as anyone else's opinion, but I failed to see the humor in it. From one sides perspective, this is the actual reality that they fear is on the horizon. It feeds fear, distrust, and delusion. ----- Self induced reality check. I stepped back for a moment and realized that I failed to take this from a satirical view point at first. I do hope it was intended that way. I've seen too many people who come very close to these people. I discovered I'm a bit hyper-sensitive on the subject. I love satire. My only fear is that we're seeing "Natural Selection" shift into "Impulse Power". I don't want the planet to experience "Warp Drive". I've learned to ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY. I've found the Authorities on the side of vaccines to be much more credible than the Authorities on the no-vax side. Are there other options among the existing drugs? Yes. At a cheaper price? It's your tax dollar) Yes. BUT to vaccinate with new vaccines or refuse to be vaccinated are the only two choices most of us are given. Please get vaccinated.

• Agree 1

Well… meanwhile, in the real world, I intubated two people in their 50’s earlier this week and they remain on the ventilator with Delta variant COVID 19. They were vaccinated. I warned this would happen but people want to fook around and argue about if it’s real, if you really need to get vaccinated. Well, it’s evolved so…