IGNORED

L28 from 82 ZX teardown

Av8ferg

Well, after much consideration and debate with some car buffs in my neighborhood I think I’ve decided to depart from tradition. My car isn’t being brought back to stock anyway and I still have my stock block also that’s original. This car is not a Series 1, 240z where being 100% stock brings significant value to the car. The blue engine block is really an odd color and doesn’t match well with red (my car color is 110 Red). So
I’m considering now painting the block a light graphite gray. It will go well with the blacks, aluminum and stainless parts. I’m not blinging out my engine. It will have black hoses and mostly a stock look except for an new fuel rail. I have a red powder coated valve cover already. Could look nice, but the blue would throw it all off (Superman colors red and blue) Here’s pic of my valve cover.
I know Captain Obvious just threw up in shock for departing tradition...(“Gomenasia”). I promise it won’t be a gaudy rice burner look. Like I said if someday a run of the mill 77 actual is collectible (unlikely) then I break out the old motor and put it back in. That engine will remain a backup and tucked away in my garage in long term preservation.
Waiting for the arrows coming my way! You can still change my mind. 1d7623cd1870097402941bdd97a8003f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1