IGNORED

Random Misfire while cruising

I expected that answer from C.D. No crystal ball needed.

C.D. is a likely person to point a finger at but the question is ,where do we go from here? He's not going to offer any help. If it were mine (I wish), I'd either pay someone with a good borescope to take a look in all the cylinders or buy a good borescope and take a look myself. The cost of either option may be similar, IMO. Looking down the road, I'd also be keeping my eyes open for a used engine.

• Agree 2

You will get a low number if one of those tube adapters is used in the spark plug hole.  It increases the effective combustion chamber size.  Five 110's and a 100 looks pretty even overall.  

Four is the dirty one though and he shows three as the low pressure.  So, bad oil ring seems to fit best.  Bummer.  I'd run a hot plug in #4 to keep it clean.  I think it's been suggested before.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

We narrowed an ignition problem down to cap, rotor, wire and their connections because it affected one cylinder. I thought we had ruled those out in the beginning. Thoughts?

I know it was discussed but I'm not sure we ever got good enough feedback to rule it all out.

If it were mine I would see if the former 240z racing mechanic had a good dizzy cap and wire setup and swap it all out as a test. Also check #4 plug for a helicoil. Maybe there is too much resistance right at the head

It is CaDatsun after all

Edited by Patcon
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...