IGNORED

Brake Problems (still)!

JLPurcell

Pulled the rear brake proportioning valve off this evening and took it apart. The lower seal was full of some kind of sandy material. Does anyone have one of these Sumitomo valves they would be willing to sell? I am in the process of going through each component of the brake system. "One bite at a time". JLP

On 3/16/2019 at 10:39 PM, JLPurcell said:

Pulled the rear brake proportioning valve off this evening and took it apart. The lower seal was full of some kind of sandy material. Does anyone have one of these Sumitomo valves they would be willing to sell? I am in the process of going through each component of the brake system. "One bite at a time". JLP

MSA sells a seal kit I have used successfully to refresh my valve.

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/24-5556

Apologies for the multiple posts. When I hit save, didn't work as I usually see. Sorry.

Edited by jonathanrussell
  • Like 1

This probably wont be helpful at all but I had soft pedal.  I bled the brakes numerous times and nothing helped.  Finally I installed bleeder valves on the brakes and bled them again.  That worked.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to report that the brake problem is resolved. That is the good news. The bad news is that I have no idea what fixed it. I got so frustrated that I took each and every brake component apart and rebuilt it, flushed and blew out all of the lines and last night took it out for a spin and the brakes are working great. ?

• Like 3

Glad you got it fixed!  Since you mentioned the debris in the rear prop. valve, I am betting you ended up circulating some rust or dirt throughout the system when you bled it.  Then the debris got stuck causing the issue.  The brake components are somewhat precision pieces so it would not take much to create an issue.  Taking everything a part, cleaning it, and rebuilding it along with the blow out of the lines ensures your system is clean.

• Like 2