IGNORED

Looking for 240, 260, or 280zs in the $500-$2000 range.

moozieman

1 hour ago, 7tooZ said:

@dat240z71

What is the point of that story? Sounds like you are not interested and told him!

Did I miss something?

The point of dat240z71's story is in post #27 and those that follow.  Pretty funny.  Dent.  Thanks dat.

That dented "Series 1" car might actually be worth $5500 or more.  What's the VIN?  I'm guessing that 2fourtyzee was still offended from being turned down, hence the tude.

AV8's CL post looks like a good deal.  

23 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The point of dat240z71's story is in post #27 and those that follow.  Pretty funny.  Dent.  Thanks dat.

That dented "Series 1" car might actually be worth $5500 or more.  What's the VIN?  I'm guessing that 2fourtyzee was still offended from being turned down, hence the tude.

AV8's CL post looks like a good deal.  

Never did i say the car was "dented", i was honest and straight forward about the car i was considering selling.. i told him it was very rust free and that it had an accident on the passenger side quarter.. i find it funny how he changes words with dented lol.. this isnt my first Z, i have collected, sold, scrapped, dismantled many Z cars and i know that the majority of them have some serious rust.  im not offended one bit.. it isnt like 240z prices are going down.. if i dont get my asking price today or tomorrow eventually within a year or two ill get my asking price and more.. good honest Z cars are becoming difficult to find as we all know.. if time permits i wouldnt mind fixing the car and enjoying it myself.  i wish you all the best in finding a good car for those still looking to have one, ive already got a few nice ones, and im finding more and more z cars every couple of weeks. 

1 minute ago, Patcon said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the car was worth $5,500. If it is truly rust free, I would rather deal with the quarter damage than lots of rusty metal!

if time permits, ill fix the quarter and throw a nice paint job, put some nice clean interior and finish it off and sell it for much more than that. i have to agree that i would rather stay away from rust than a simple quarter panel replacement. it just takes time and some money.  the car is very solid. reason as to why i purchased it. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 2fourtyzee said:

than a simple quarter panel replacement.

I don't know what your experience is but the repair on your blue 70/240z will be considerably more involved than just replacing the quarter panel and if not done right the first time will really bring down the value of the car.  The damaged area extends from the D/S rear corner diagonally across to the P/S  B pillar just behind the door and may have bent the subframe that the P/S rear suspension hangs from.  It's a big job that really should be handled by a body shop that specializes in frame straightening, some of the newest systems have racks that can bring a car back to spec with in a couple of millimeters.

Other than the rear corner damage the car is a gem just waiting to be polished,  if the engine matches and you weren't on the other side of the continent I would give you $5,500 without hesitation, it has great potential.

Edited by grannyknot
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

I don't know what experience is but the repair on your blue 70/240z will be considerably more involved than just replacing the quarter panel and if not done right the first time will really bring down the value of the car.  The damaged area extends from the D/S rear corner diagonally across to the P/S  B pillar just behind the door and may have bent the subframe that the P/S rear suspension hangs from.  It's a big job that really should be handled by a body shop that specializes in frame straightening, some of the newest systems have racks that can bring a car back to spec with in a couple of millimeters.

Other than the rear corner damage the car is a gem just waiting to be polished,  if the engine matches and you weren't on the other side of the continent I would give you $5,500 without hesitation, it has great potential.

Me too

Map Location:
Norway

7 hours ago, Sving1 said:

I have 2 240 z for sale. Not free for rust but very good. 2400$ for both of them. I think they are 72 both. In nevada 

Sorry just asking myself.. Your in Norway and have 2 240z's  in Nevada?  (If the floors are good i think it's a no brainer.. i want them… but shipping would be to expensive..)

7 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Map Location:
Norway

Sorry just asking myself.. Your in Norway and have 2 240z's  in Nevada?  (If the floors are good i think it's a no brainer.. i want them… but shipping would be to expensive..)

Thats correct i live in Norway. But i have a friend who has a house here and i found these cars last year, and bougth them but shipping to Norway is very ekspensive. So i think i sell the cars again over here.